Hospitality Management Faculty
Posting DetailsPosition Information Tenure StatusNon-TenureRankOpen RankTerm Length12 MonthsTerminal one year contractPosition StatusFull TimePosition TitleHospitality Management FacultyCampusChicago - Goose IslandIf other, please specifyPosition Summary
National Louis University seeks full-time Hospitality Management faculty to teach within the Hospitality program at Kendall College. The University seeks an individual with extensive hotel operations background within the rooms division and upper level management departments to engage our students with real world examples to this specialized area of the Hospitality Industry. Faculty are expected to teach and inspire a culturally and linguistically diverse student population as evidenced by outstanding student teaching evaluations. The successful candidate must have a strong commitment to innovative delivery of instruction and support and mentoring of students consistent with National Louis University’s mission.
Demonstrated capacity to use a diverse range of effective and new technology based strategies as well as openness to adopting new practices is expected. Candidates must also be willing and able to participate in the administrative responsibilities of an academic unit, including, but not limited to, assessment, faculty development, new program initiatives, outreach to prospective students, etc. Candidates must be able to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with departmental colleagues in an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaching courses as assigned.
- Full time presence on campus during teaching days in addition to set office hours. * Providing student support for every aspect of learning in the form of office hours, tutorial assistance, coaching and career and academic assistance and advice.
- Development of coursework, in accord with the college dean and program director, updating course materials to keep courses at the leading edge of knowledge in the disciplines.
- Community service in the form of serving on standing and ad hoc committees, attendance at Senate meetings, etc.
- Participation in faculty development initiatives and cross school projects.
- Assistance with hiring and training of adjunct faculty
- Attendance at key school events such as graduation ceremonies, university community meetings, college and program meetings, professional development training opportunities, etc.
- Any other assistance deemed appropriate to promote the program and to maintain its teaching delivery at the highest level of quality.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Representation of the program and college to outside local, national and international communities through industry consulting, academic or trade press publishing, citations in general media and trade press, attendance at regional, national and international conferences (as approved within the school budget), paper presentations at academic and industry conferences.
- Any other assistance deemed necessary to promote the mission and goals of the program, college, and university.
- Other duties as assigned by the dean or program director.
- PhD or Master’s Degree in Hospitality Management, Business or Marketing or at least 15 years of executive level experience in the hospitality or related industry
- 15 years of Hotel Operations experience related to rooms and logistic operations is required
- Substantial and extensive management experience within the hospitality industry or a closely related service industry
- At least 2 years of teaching experience in higher education
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Are you available to teach classes at our Goose Island Campus during the week and/or on weekends?
- Cover Letter
- Transcript A
- Curriculum Vitae