Assistant/Associate Professor of Clinical - Medicine (Infectious Diseases)
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-01-03
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
Job Description for Infectious Diseases
Clinician Educator Track
TITLE: Infectious Diseases Clinician-Educator Track
INSTITUITION: University of Miami
DIVISION: Infectious Diseases
REPORTS TO: Chief, Division of Infectious Diseases
FACULTY APPOINTMENT: Assistant/Associate Clinical Professor
DATE: January 8, 2019
TYPE OF POSITION: Full time
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBLITIES:
The infectious diseases physician in the clinical track is responsible for providing in-patient infectious diseases consultation to adult patients on medical and surgical services. He/she will also provide out-patient infectious diseases consultation in a variety of settings. He/she will be involved with medical student, resident and fellow education. He/she may be asked to lead an educational or administrative project within the division. He/she will be expected to participate in research programs within the division.
OUTLINE OF ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/FUNCTIONS TO INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Infectious diseases consultation for hospitalized patients
- Participation in infectious diseases outpatient clinics
- Maintain flexibility in division clinical duty scheduling
- Participation in quality improvement activities
- Participation in hospital and/or university committee work
- Participation in medical student, resident and fellow education
- Participation in academic research in the field of Infectious Diseases
- Provide leadership for academic projects in education, quality and safety or division/departmental administration
- Valid American Board Certification in Internal Medicine
- Awarded degree of M.D. or D.O. from an ABIM recognized internal medicine residency
- Valid and unrestricted Florida Medical License or eligible to apply
- Board Certified/Board Eligible for Infectious Diseases
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must maintain CME to meet institutional and state licensing requirements.
- Must have excellent clinical knowledge and experience to provide safe and quality care to patients and meet institutional standards of care.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with staff, patients, and family members.
- Must demonstrate the ability to meet responsibilities of the position
- There will be work on weekends, nights and holidays based on the needs of the Division
- Must be able to physically respond when on-call
- Hospital maintains employee health and infection control programs in place to reduce risk to employee
- No age requirements are associated with this position.
All Applicants Must Apply Online
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:Faculty-UMMGPay Grade:50