Senior Financial Analyst - Resources and Planning Office
Senior Financial Analyst - Resources and Planning Office
Dominican educates and prepares students to be ethical leaders and socially responsible global citizens who incorporate the Dominican values of study, reflection, community and service into their lives. The University is committed to diversity, sustainability and the integration of the liberal arts, the sciences and professional programs. Dominican University of California is an independent university offering the best of Liberal Arts combined with a rigorous professional education. Founded in 1890, Dominican enjoys an over century-long reputation for excellence in scholarship, research and community outreach. The University offers more than 60 academic programs that reflect the diversity and creativity of both the faculty and the students. With about 1,900 students and a student to faculty ratio of 10:1, Dominican is able to successfully blend the personal attention associated with smaller schools with the academic resources of a larger university.
Resume/CV and cover letter are required and must be attached in attachment section of the application process (Step 2). Refer to the posting instructions for any additional materials that may be required.
Refer to the Dominican Employment Page here for adjunct opportunities and application instructions.
Title: Senior Financial Analyst
Department: Resources & Planning
Division: President's Office
Reports to: Associate Vice President Resources & Planning
Status: Full time; Exempt
Dominican University of California is seeking an individual for a Senior Financial Analyst position. We are seeking an energetic and accomplished financial analyst to join our budget team. The financial analyst will become a key member of a team that develops a multi-year, strategically aligned university budget. Our team works with constituents to provide data-driven decision support as well as revenue and expense projection models. Under the direction of the AVP of Resources and Planning, this position will be responsible for the analysis of revenue and operating data, including multi-year projections, trend analysis and variance analysis.
- Analyze and project operating expenses and revenue.
- Work closely with Center and Budget Managers to analyze expenses and effectively allocate budgets.
- Work closely with Center Managers and Budget Team to prepare quarterly financial budget vs. actual variance analyses.
- Assist in developing the multi-year University Operating Budgets, working closely with the Budget Team and Center Managers.
- Assist in the effort to revise the revenue and expense budget each Fall as necessary based on enrollment figures and other updated information.
- Support development of personnel expense models to ensure accurate projection of all personnel expenses. Work closely with Academic Affairs, Human Resources and Payroll to understand the various systems and processes involved in personnel expense management.
- Actively participate in relevant meetings.
- Develop executive summaries and visuals to support the information needs of various constituents.
- Develop and review financial models and templates with appropriate university constituents; collaborate to understand and meet information needs.
- Establish system controls and develop procedures to strengthen existing systems.
- Prepare and maintain process and procedure documentation, and identify areas of improvement.
- You will partner with Finance, Institutional Research (IR), HR, Assessment, etc. to integrate relevant data into the budget development process.
- Actively seek and implement process improvements to support stakeholder information needs.
- Provide excellent support and follow-up to all stakeholders, provide follow-up.
- Assist with projects as needed.
- BA or BS in Accounting, Finance or relevant business degree
- Minimum four years of experience in financial analysis, planning or comparable field
- Strong analytical skills, adept at variance analysis, projecting revenues and expenses
- Ability to create complex, reliable and sustainable financial models
- Strong MS Office skills, advanced excel skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage multiple projects independently
- Ability to accurately complete projects in a timely manner, often working with constituents who have competing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Works and collaborates well within a team environment
- Provide a service-oriented approach to clients, both internal and external
- Higher Education experience
- Statistical modeling
- Advanced degree or CPA
Additional Position Information
- Open Until Filled
- Must be willing to consent to a background check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a
1:10 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 16, with a small-town feeling in a park- like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment. We are committed in thought, word, and deed to recruiting and retaining a workforce that values the diversity of its student body. The University actively promotes an institutional culture that practices equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of all under-represented groups in higher education.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency