Coordinator, Residency Program II
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the general supervision of the Residency Program Director or designee, the Residency Program Coordinator II is responsible for the coordination of a wide range of diverse administrative functions for one or more residency/fellowship programs and may also be responsible for medical student elective clerkships in the Department. This position functions as a liaison between all residents and fellows and the residency programs at UMMS and affiliated hospitals, health centers, and community physician practices.
The position will support the Fellowship program which consists of 9 different specialties. Responsibilities include coordinating the recruitment, “interview days”, selection, and orientation process, fellows’ schedules, evaluation process, conferences/outside guest speakers/other events, assisting with data collection of fellowship experience, and performing data management, tracking, and reporting using various software programs.
- Primary liaison between the Residency Program Director, Chief Residents, residents and GME Faculty with the OGME and affiliated teaching sites concerning Residency Program matters.
- Maintain proficiency in ACGME and Specialty Board requirements and monitors program compliance.
- Manage and coordinate all administrative duties relative to the resident recruitment and selection process. Manage computerized Electronic Resident Application System (ERAS). Ensure completion of application materials and maintain confidential applicant files.
- Schedule applicant interviews and coordinate “interview days.” Develop and maintain applicant data bases; staff residency selection and applicant ranking committees; prepare and submit resident Rank Order List to the NRMP.
- Assist in the design of and maintains residency program web site.
- Coordinate and administer, in consultation with the Office of Graduate Medical Education, the timely and accurate implementation of numerous personnel and regulatory procedures for incoming, continuing and graduating residents.
- Perform data management, tracking, and reporting functions utilizing various Graduate Medical Education software programs including GME Track, Web ADS, and AMA FREIDA.
- Establish and coordinate with the Program Director and Chief Resident, training site rotation schedules, clinic schedules, electives and other Resident assignments; maintains accurate records of resident schedules and provides documentation for program accreditation, Medicare reimbursement and other purposes.
- Provide information, support, and problem solving for residents and program faculty on a wide range of residency personnel and program issues.
- Assist with the development of orientation and curriculum materials for residents and fellows.
- Assist with resident data collection for statistical documentation of resident experience. Responsible for program data collection and the preparation of all program accreditation documents and internal review reports.
- Manage confidential resident performance evaluations as well as evaluations of faculty and the educational program. Prepare reports and correspondence related to highly confidential materials.
- Coordinate conferences, grand rounds, outside guest speakers, and other formal didactic events
- Work on routine and special projects, including orientation activities, graduation, resident retreats, in-service examinations, and graduations
- Schedule elective courses for visiting medical students on all services in collaboration with other departments
- Maintain residency alumni data base, and alumni relations and process credential forms for previous residents,
- Assist with the presentation scheduling at of residents at departmental seminars
- Maintain alumni data base and prepare all credentialing documentation for program graduates.
- Provide administrative support for the residency program director and associate program director.
- Manage program budget, accounting for residency related expenditures.
- Perform other duties as required
- Associates degree in business or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 5 years of office experience in an academic medical setting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Knowledge of developing evaluation instruments and monitoring evaluation process.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral, verbal and written communication skills required.
Previous experience with a fellowship program or graduate medical education preferred.