Student Employment Coordinator - Job Location and Development Program (JLD)
Student Employment Coordinator - Job Location and Development Program (JLD)Job no: 501692
Position type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Financial Aid
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience and grade/range
Applications Open: Jul 18 2019
General Summary of Position:
The Student Employment Coordinator - Job Location and Development Program will be responsible for locating and developing off-campus employment opportunities for students, regardless of financial need. The Coordinator will also manage a variety of daily personnel related functions, special projects, and other complex transactions. This position will work to create employment opportunities suitable to the scheduling and educational needs of students with the goal of complementing and reinforcing the educational programs and/or vocational goals of the students.
- Manage Job Location and Development program by maintaining and fostering relationships with local companies to develop off-campus opportunities reinforcing the educational and professional goals of the students
- Process job postings, employment forms, personnel action forms, payroll changes, payroll reporting, other special projects as assigned
- Provide information and support to numerous University departments across campus regarding hiring process and required paperwork
- Oversee customer service for Student Employment office, JLD and the Financial Aid counter area
- Supervise, mentor and train student employees
- Fill in for the Student Employment Manager as needed
- Participate in recruiting events, such as Orientation, Open Houses, and similar public speaking engagements on and off campus
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of one year of student employment or other related experience
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrate effective time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of employment policy, procedures, and regulations
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.