Peer Tutor - Federal Work Study (Fall 2019)
Position Title:Peer Tutor - Federal Work Study (Fall 2019) Campus Location:Dahlonega Job Close Date:10/31/2019 General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications forPeer Tutors. Peer Tutors needed for STEM classes: Math, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The student will:
- Assist students with study habits, test preparation, demonstration/instruction, general success skills for subjects/courses.
- Be required to document each tutoring session; having the "Tutee" sign in at each session and returning sign-in sheets to the Coordinator of Tutoring each pay period.
- Be responsible for completing a required 10-hour training NLT midterms of their first semester of tutoring.
- Check their emails and respond to requests within 24 hours.
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker and Federal Work Study eligible.
- Please upload a copy or a screenshot of your Federal Work Study package in Banner.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.