Library Student Assistant - Federal Work Study (Fall 2019)
Position Title:Library Student Assistant - Federal Work Study (Fall 2019) Campus Location:Gainesville Job Close Date:10/31/2019 General Summary:
The University of North Georgia's Gainesville Campus Library is currently accepting applications for focused, dedicated students who are eligible for employment during the 2018-19 school year. These individuals must be flexible, dependable and able to work a set schedule. Library Student Assistants are responsible for providing customer service assistance to UNG Libraries patrons and clerical and project support to Libraries faculty and staff. This position may require evening and/or weekend hours. The Gainesville Library is open from 7:30 am to 10 pm Monday-Thursday, 7:30 am-3 pm Friday, and 1 pm-6 pm on Sunday.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The student will:
- Greet Library patrons.
- Assist Librarians with special projects.
- Answer basic informational, directional, and Library policy questions; help patrons locate materials in the stacks.
- Check out and check in books, reserves, and other Library materials.
- Provide basic scanner and fax assistance.
- Conduct hourly building walk-throughs to neaten Library facility and identify behavior issues, maintenance needs, or security problems and report to supervisor.
- Assist with opening and closing procedures.
- Gather, sort, shelve, and move Library materials.
- Shelf-read the book stacks and other collections to identify items needing repair; update aisle markers as needed and replace bookends.
- Search the stacks for books reported as missing or billed for replacement.
- Assist with processing Interlibrary Loan and Call Slip requests.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Librarians and Library Staff.
- ? Must be enrolled for six credit hours during both Fall and Spring semesters.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills as well as effective listening skills.
- Must work well in a team environment, but also be a self-starter.
- Must possess excellent time-management skills.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker and Federal Work Study eligible.
- Please upload a copy or a screenshot of your Federal Work Study package in Banner.
- • Previous library experience a plus
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.