Cashiering and Registration Specialist
Send a cover letter, resume, and three (3) professional references, to [email protected]
Please indicate the job code FAS-CRS in the subject line of your email.
After sending in your documents, please fill out the online Job Applicant Identifier form. RACC is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with government regulations we are required to record numbers of job applicants by sex and ethnic category. We ask that you indicate your race or national origin and sex, but you are not required to provide this information. This information will not be kept with your application and will be used only in accordance with state and federal regulations.Background Check
If you are chosen for this position, a background check will be required. Full details regarding the background check are available here.
Job Details Title:Cashiering and Registration SpecialistAnnounce date:07/18/2019Apply by date:8/1/2019Application status:Position FilledPosition type: Full-time Salary:$30,400 per year Working HoursWorking hours for this position consist of a 7.5 hour period (between the hours of 8:00am and 7:30pm), exclusive of a 1/2 or 1 hour lunch. These hours to be agreed upon between the supervisor and employee at the onset of employment. Position normally requires working Monday through Friday but may require working occasional weekend hours based on the needs of the department. Will require working one evening per week. In addition to the above, this position may require additional evening and/or weekend work with the employee having the option of working this time in addition to, or in lieu of regular hours.Summary
Primary responsibilities of this position are cashiering, record keeping and registration activities for all programs of the College both credit and non-credit.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform student registration functions in accordance with institutional standards and practices.
- Perform cashiering and related functions in accordance with institutional standards and practices.
- Perform record keeping functions in conjunction with cashiering, registration and other office functions.
- Maintain courses and sections as required.
- Maintain accurate information on all aspects of student records.
- Provide office coverage.
- Perform office functions such as correspondence, copying, record keeping, etc.
- Perform record keeping such as journal entries as needed.
- Research, analyze and report on student accounts as needed.
- Provide professional and pleasant customer service to all individuals. Provide accurate and timely service to all individuals.
- Provide routine direction to Work-Study Student Program employees assigned to the area.
- Assist with student refund and related procedures.
- Assist in the de-registration process.
- Manage confidential and sensitive information in an ethical and professional manner.
- Insure all security procedures (including safe locking procedures) are consistently applied in accordance with institutional standards and practices.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by your supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one year data entry experience as well as one year of bookkeeping and/or cashiering experience required. Additional secretarial experience preferred. Bilingual: English/Spanish preferred.
Ability to read and interpret general publications. Ability to write business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, staff and students.
Ability to perform basic mathematical computations including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Ability to calculate, count and change currency. Ability to calculate figures such as discounts and percentages.
Ability to follow written and/or oral instructions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software, spread sheet software; data based programming and word processing software and proficiency in typing (must be able to type at least 35 wpm)and keyboarding. Must be able to learn how to use College's Administrative software system.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Other Skills and Abilities:
Proficient in the use of calculator and/or adding machine.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Excellent communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain rapport with customers, staff, and students.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.