AY19-20 Adjunct Faculty of Computer Science
Position DetailsPosition Information Position TypeAdjunctClassification TitleAdjunct Faculty of Computer SciencePosition's Functional TitleAY19-20 Adjunct Faculty of Computer SciencePosition Start DatePosition End Date (if temporary)Position Summary
Governors State University seeks to create an available pool of Adjunct Faculty candidates for the College of Arts and Sciences to teach courses in Computer Science. The major responsibilities of an adjunct faculty member are to teach computer science and Information Technology courses. Adjunct faculty should be able to support their course online and use appropriate software tools.
At Governors State University, adjunct faculty are hired as temporary faculty with teaching responsibilities for a specific course in a semester or summer session. Adjuncts are not a part of the faculty bargaining unit and are not included in membership of the Faculty Senate.Minimum Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field is required.
- Two years of teaching or in field professional employment.
- Possesses excellent communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills.Preferred Qualifications
- Doctorate degree and prior higher-education teaching experience are preferred.
- Industry CertificatesPosting Date07/17/2019Closing Date07/31/2020Open Until FilledYesPosting NumberFA0276PType of SearchExternalQuicklink for Postinghttp://employment.govst.edu/postings/4600Employee IDDepartmentSpecial Instructions to ApplicantsSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field?
- * Briefly list your area(s) of research or teaching expertise.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience teaching at the undergraduate level?
- * Do you have teaching experience at the graduate level?
- Experience teaching in online/hybrid delivery?
- * Please select your availability to teach.
- Days only
- Evenings only
- Weekends only
- Days and Evenings only
- Days, Evenings and Weekends
- Evenings and Weekends only
- Online only
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of References
- Letter of Recommendation
- Writing/Media Samples
- Certification/Professional License
- Teaching Philosophy
- Research Documents
- Veteran’s Preference Points Documentation