Systems Engineer II
Job location: Worcester
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-10-02
JOB TITLESystems Engineer IILOCATIONWorcesterDEPARTMENT NAMEIT Infrastructure IDIVISION NAMEWorcester Polytechnic Institute - WPIJOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARYThe Systems Engineer’s primary responsibility is the support of systems operations, which includes the understanding of identity life cycle methodology, supporting standards, and responding to business problems by collaborating with cross functional teams to develop and configure solutions to meet complex requirements as well as troubleshoot day to day business process issues.
Additional responsibilities include working with existing team members in the administration, feature implementation and improvements of core Windows systems infrastructure. This includes deep technical understanding and practiced use of SCCM or other system configuration management tools. Solid server and desktop level troubleshooting along with an analytical approach to problem solving will be required to be successful.JOB DESCRIPTION
- Directly support the provisioning, troubleshooting and improvement of the Identity and Access Management function.
- Working with the development teams to make sure the right processes are in place as it relates to the Account Provisioning Lifecycle.
- Working and partnering with several teams and business functions across the enterprise during the initial stages of projects/solutions to ensure the accuracy of business cases and that the solution will meet the business need.
- Directly support the university needs in the management and deployment of academic software across campus through the use of enterprise tools.
- Working with team members in the design and implementation of improvements to existing Office 365 and Azure infrastructure.
- Through collaboration seek out ways to automate core business processes and streamline tasks with the use of modern scripting techniques.
- Work with systems operations staff to resolve escalated technology issues through the use of industry standard tools.
- Create/Update documentation for processes and procedures around Identity management and other infrastructure processes.
- Interacting with partners to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Providing technical guidance to less experienced Engineers and Business Analysts.
- 5 or more years of experience in an IT administrator or desktop support role
- 3 or more years of experience in performing account provisioning and administration
- Experience with Identity Access Governance and account provisioning solutions
- Engineer level experience with Office 365, and Active Directory
- Engineer level experience with SCCM to include software packaging, deployment and patching
- Experience with SSO, MFA and other identity security techniques
- Experience with scripting and daily administrative use of PowerShell
- Demonstrated strong written and interpersonal communication
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
Education and Certifications:
- BS in computer science, engineering, or related area preferred
- Experience with SCCM preferred, but not required
- IT related certifications are a plus
- Knowledge of ITIL, with a focus on Incident and Change Management a plus