Associate Director, Digital Engagement - Communications & Marketing
DescriptionThe Office of Communications and Marketing (UCM) has overall responsibility for marketing and brand management, media relations and content creation, producing various print and digital publications and communications for the University. The office optimizes the coordination of strategies and programs for these areas.
The Associate Director, Digital Engagement implements digital content engagement strategies for the Office of Business Development, the Office of Alumni Relations (OAR), Advancement, Schools and two school websites (Dental and Tisch). The position supports the following goals:
- Increase the number and quality of applicants—traditional and non-traditional, degree and non-degree, undergraduate and graduate
- Increase alumni loyalty and engagement
- Increase the number of prospects and donors
S/he performs content strategy and information architecture (IA) for digital projects that drive marketing goals. S/he serves as point-of-contact for university clients. S/he gathers website project requirements and—in collaboration with technical leads—translates them into a project plan. S/he manages project timelines and tracks deliverables from discovery through deployment. S/he assists the development team throughout the project lifecycle. S/he collaborates with UCM colleagues, including the Senior UI Designer and the Senior Data Analyst, to ensure projects meet the needs of website visitors.
S/he is also responsible for the JumboPress platform of websites, which are self-serve but require client support. S/he is assisted in this responsibility by an Associate Web Developer, a freelance producer, and other members of the Digital Services team.
S/he manages an Email Production Manager, a Digital Production Specialist, and an Associate Web Developer. S/he reports to the Director of Digital Services.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, specialized training or equivalent experience.
- 7-9 years of experience with implementing digital engagement strategies.
- 2 years management experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to brainstorm creative solutions to problems.
- Experience collaborating with a diverse, multidisciplinary team.
- Attention to detail.
- Desire to learn and apply new skills.
- Friendly, creative, collaborative, and independent.
- Superior written and oral communications skills.
- Experience working in higher education a plus.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
EqualOpportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexualorientation/gender identity.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Medford/Somerville
Job: IT (Information Technology)
Organization: Univ Rel - Comms & Marketing
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Jul 22, 2019, 10:21:28 AM