Database Administrator, Working Level - GeorgiaBEST
Title:Database Administrator, Working Level - GeorgiaBEST Job Category:Staff Description:
This is an advanced level position with technical work to provide specialized database and application support using Oracle and other vendors’ database engines and products in an enterprise Unix or Windows environment supporting data warehouse information systems and services. This position will be part of a team that works with one or more of several databases, application servers, ETL systems and Business intelligence system. The software supported may include Ellucian Banner 8 and Banner 9, Oracle WebLogic and/or Tomcat Server, Oracle Database, MS SQL Databases, as well as other products as required to support the enterprise systems and services. This position will interact with other teams that support associated integrated systems and will support the development and business analyst teams that are providing the creation and maintenance of the collection and reporting applications.
This position will perform technical tasks independently in multiple operating systems environments and will work with senior level members to develop processes and procedures for new and updated information systems implementations using Oracle, MS SQL and other database applications. Tasks are varied in nature and often time critical. The successful candidate will possess a significant amount of experience in Oracle/Unix and some experience in MS SQL/Windows environments. They will be knowledgeable about issues related to the deployment of changes in a web-deployed, multi-tier environmentRequired Qualifications:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Baccalaureate degree required.
• Over three years of related experience required.
• Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Knowledge of relational database management software.
• Knowledge of database performance and tuning principles.
• Knowledge of server operating systems.
• Knowledge of server scripting languages.
• Knowledge of functionality testing procedures.
• Knowledge of general networking environments.
• Skill in collaborating with multiple constituents.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in the provision of support to end users.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Ability to respond diplomatically to sensitive and critical issues.
• Ability to effectively multi-task.
• Baccalaureate degree or equivalent required.
• At least five (5) years related IT experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• At least two years of Information Technology experience working with the installation and maintenance of server based RDBMS software, in a multi-tiered Unix or Windows operating environment.
• Must be able to do scripting as required for automation of routine DBA tasks.
• Experience working in an Oracle or MS SQL environment supporting and resolving issues related to the deployment of applications in a web-deployed, multi-tier environment
• Ability to function well and maintain customer focus in fast-paced, stressful environment.
• Familiarity with using Oracle Database, WebLogic and or Tomcat web services and bash, or MS SQL database, IIS web services and PowerShell.
• Experience with centralized version-control, preferably GIT.
• Familiarity with IT automation systems, preferably Puppet.