Application Analyst **For Hire Only**
DHTS:Duke Health Technology Solutions is a robust, specialized division of Duke University Health System dedicated to the development and management of enterprise IT systems. A 2018 ‘Most Wired’ health system, Duke is nationally recognized for IT and information management as the first healthcare system to achieve the Davies Award – highest honor by the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) – for inpatient, ambulatory and analytics health information technology capabilities. Our employees are among the top-skilled IT experts in the Triangle and partner with leading scholars, clinicians and researchers across Duke University and Duke Health to develop innovative technologies that support our mission of delivering tomorrow's healthcare today.
General Description of the Job Class
The Application Analyst couple’s knowledge of business practices/operations with knowledge of information systems to implement, maintain and support Duke IT applications.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
Level 2- In addition to the duties described for Level 1, Level 2 will:
- Applies best practices to the management of the information system life cycle.
- Analyzes modify, designs and researches information systems and processes.
- Analyzes customer requirements; researches, designs, acquires and implements innovative systems.
- Assists in the evaluation and revision of existing information systems.
- Provides analysis and advanced support including hardware maintenance, troubleshooting, component replacement and repair, system monitoring and the installation and maintenance of software.
- Ensures security of technology solutions including maintenance and development of ISOPs as well as assisting in vulnerability management.
- Makes oral and written presentations to project teams, management, and other departments.
- Coordinates and operationalizes simple to complex projects with direction.
- Initiates write and evaluate the system, operational and department documentation.
- Identifies areas for procedural improvements and provides detailed specifications describing functions to be automated.
Level 3- In addition to the duties described for Level 2, Level 3 will:
- May function as a subject matter expert, with proficiency in a defined area(s) of the profession.
- May function as a generalist, with a broad knowledge of all aspects of the profession.
- May function as a team leader, responsible for supporting management in day-to-day personnel oversight and workflow management activities.
- May conduct continuing education sessions and new employee training.
- Leads discovery sessions that document requirements and workflows, and proposes to build to address customer needs.
- Optimizes departmental and interdisciplinary resources to maximize team.
- Has a leadership role in the evaluation and revision of existing information systems.
- Coordinates and operationalizes complex projects.
Preferred or Desired Qualifications at this Level
Education/Training: Bachelor’s degree in a related clinical or technical field, or four years of equivalent technical experience required.
Level 2 – Three years of related experience is required.
Level 3- Five years of related experience is required.
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification: Level 1- If applicable, maintenance of North Carolina licensure or certification in related clinical discipline is required for all levels.
Level 2- In addition to the requirements described for Level 1, Level 2 requires:
- Certification in an area of application support of a technical or support nature preferred.
- EPIC Application Analysts are required to complete an Epic assessment.
Level 3- In addition to the requirements described for Level 2, Level 3 requires:
Certification in an area of application support of a technical or support nature.
Required Qualifications at this Level
Education/Training: Bachelor's degree in a related clinical or technical field, or four years of equivalent technical experience required.
In addition to the requirements described for Level 1, Level 2 requires:
Certification in an area of application support of a technical or support nature preferred.
In addition to the requirements described for Level 2, Level 3 requires:
Certification in an area of application support of a technical or support nature strongly preferred.
Level 2 - Two years of related experience is required.
Level 3 - Four years of related experience is required.
In addition to the KSAs described for, Level 2 will demonstrate:
Knowledge of project management to manage deliverables
Designing specifications for information systems
Implementation of information systems
Maintenance of information systems
Quality assurance (may be required)
Adult learning and training methods (may be required)
In addition to the KSAs described for Level 2, Level 3 will demonstrate: Ability to lead discovery sessions
Advanced technical consultation and support
Ability to design complex information systems
Implementation of complex information systems
Contract negotiation theory (may be required)
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.