Head, Electronic Resources Acquisitions (Assistant/Associate/Librarian)
Seeking enthusiastic, innovative, collaborative Head of Electronic Resources Acquisitions.
- lead and manage electronic resources acquisitions at Indiana University Libraries including trials, procurement, licensing, price negotiation and cost model development, ongoing subscription and access management;
- manage daily activities of electronic resources acquisitions operation, supervise, direct, support three full-time employees;
- lead and innovate in development of workflows and policies for managing electronic resources life-cycle;
- establish and maintain collaborative relationships with appropriate personnel in library units (e.g. Collections, Library Technologies, Research & Learning Services), campus units (e.g. Office of General Counsel, Offices of Vice President and Vice Provost for Research, University Information Technology Services), and regional campuses;
- establish and maintain relationships with external entities including content providers, publishers, library consortia;
- serve and contribute to applicable management teams and represent the Libraries at the local, state, and national level.
- ALA-accredited Master’s degree or advanced degree in relevant field appropriate to licensing and management of electronic resources;
- two years of experience in management and supervision of employees;
- two years of electronic resources life-cycle management in an academic setting, including acquisitions, licensing, access management;
- experience reviewing and negotiating license agreements in academic setting; knowledge of legal framework in which academic libraries operate;
- experience evaluating and negotiating electronic resource pricing;
- knowledge of electronic resource pricing models and concepts; ability to exercise initiative, flexibility, creativity in troubleshooting procurement and access problems with electronic resources;
- ability to take user-centered approach in management of electronic resources;
- knowledge and understanding of current and emerging trends, practices, tools in electronic resources life-cycle management [e.g. OpenURL, KBART, ERM, SERU, COUNTER, SUSHI];
- demonstrated analytical, writing, interpersonal, organizations skills;
- ability to represent the library effectively and positively;
- ability to work in collegial, collaborative work environment and maintain positive professional working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including library colleagues, faculty, content providers;
- ability to meet requirements of tenure or tenure-track position at IU Libraries (https://libraries.indiana.edu/file/promotion-and-tenure-criteria-iub-li…).
For complete posting with additional required and preferred qualifications and benefit programs information go to https://libraries.indiana.edu/job-postings-librarians.
For full consideration, applications must be received by Friday, August 30, 2019. The position will remain open until filled. Interested candidates should review the application requirements and submit their application at https://indiana.peopleadmin.com.
Questions regarding the position or application process can be directed to:
Jennifer Chaffin, Director of Human Resources
Libraries Human Resources, Herman B Wells Library 205,
Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405
- Phone: 812-855-8196 - Fax: 812-855-2576
- Email: [email protected]
For more information about Indiana University Bloomington go to https://www.indiana.edu/.
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status.