NURSING PROGRAM COORD
Duke Homecare & Hospice offers hospice, home health and infusion services. Hospice care is offered to terminally ill patients in their home, skilled-nursing facilities, assisted-living facilities, and at our two inpatient facilities located in Durham, North Carolina.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet® organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina’s Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
JOB SUMMARY:30 hour work week, Friday/Saturday/Sunday with Weekend Option Premium Eligible Shift Responsible for the coordination of home health, hospice, and infusion services for the hospitalized patient, clinic/outpatient and/or patient in an alternative setting (i.e. extended care facilities) by acquiring admission information and assessing the appropriateness of home care services. Responsible for providing community education, responding to customer requests and concerns, and interfacing with referral sources, organizations, government agencies and third party payors. JOB RELATIONS: Responsible to: Business Development Manager Positions directly supervised: None MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains current knowledge base of the comprehensive services, products and supplies available through DHCH.Maintains current knowledge of federal and state regulatory guidelines related to home care services.Remains current of reimbursement issues, and maintains understanding of their impact on the delivery of home health, hospice, and infusion services. Functions as an educational resource, providing consultation to physicians, hospitals, and other referral sources regarding home care coordination and available services through DHCH.Utilize comprehensive assessment skills to determine patients appropriateness of home care and initiate development of a plan of care.Meet with referral sources regularly to identify patient population needs, referral process improvements and identify patient/staff educational opportunities.Maintains daily record of referral source/community contacts and assists in identifying referral trends and needs.Initiates home care coordination in collaboration with referral source, MD, patient/caregiver and central intake staff.Participate in patient case conferences.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.