Assistant Director, Career Services
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Job Title Assistant Director, Career Services
Job ID 3658
Location Loop Campus
Full/Part Time Full-Time
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
Reporting to the Director of the Kellstadt Career Management Center (CMC), the Assistant Director-Career Specialist is part of a dynamic team dedicated to creating innovative programming and providing the seamless development of the Kellstadt Graduate School of Business students' academic and career aspirations. This role is responsible for delivering comprehensive career counseling, advising and student development guidance to current students and alumni.
This position is very entrepreneurial and will help develop new and effective ways for delivering advising and related career development services to students and alumni. The person will assist with program development and innovation, assessment and annual goal attainment of the career advising area.
This position will assist with marketing and communications related to career and academic advising. This includes knowledge of eRecruiting, LinkedIn, Twitter, Jango Mail and other related platforms. This position is responsible for relationship-building with Kellstadt alumni and building a network with Alumni Relations to create career focused programming.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Plan and implement original strategies and tactics for providing students and alumni the career advising, workshops, resources, information, and services to connect with employers and alumni to achieve their career goals.
- Collect, analyze and report data on career services.
- Manage student organizations.
- Assess needs of students and alumni, facilitating access to appropriate Kellstadt Career Management Center services and resources.
- Advise students and alumni on career goals, skill development needs, job search strategies, and other career-related issues, including strategic selection of Kellstadt courses.
- Identify the need for, plan and conduct skill development workshops and networking events on topics of interest and relevance to constituencies.
- Establish relationships with Kellstadt faculty and other key stakeholders in order to streamline the academic and career advising process.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two to five years experience in career development, recruitment/staffing, human resources, training and development, or comparable background.
- Master’s degree.
- Experience working with hiring managers and/or recruiters.
- Supervise student interns, graduate assistants, or student peer career advisors.
- Will assist with setting the annual career services budget and monitoring the expenses and assets of the career advising function as well as identifying future needs and costs.
Other Skills & Abilities Reqd
- Ability to be entrepreneurial and to make creative independent judgments and decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Positive attitude.
- Original thinker.
- Adaptable to change.
- Knowledge of career issues/development and academic advising, assessment, marketing, program development and management are essential.
- Knowledge of and interest in Kellstadt Graduate School of Business curricula, employment market, and recruitment practices.
- Experience in working with traditional graduate age students as well as mature adults at various stages of career development.
- Knowledge of and a proven track record of relationship building, managing projects, and events are essential.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Possess a clear understanding of cultural, social, economic and ethnic diversity.
You may upload other attachments (Transcripts, Portfolios, Writing samples) in the “My Activities” tab of your profile.
Will require some evening and weekend work, on occasion.
Salary & Benefits Package:
DePaul offers a comprehensive package including competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain the best talent in order to further the University's mission. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Required Background Check: