Assistant Professor Business/Accounting
Job location: Main Campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-07-24
Welcome to Furman University's Career Site!
- IMPORTANT: Load all documents in the My Experience area under Resume/CV. This may include your resume/C.V., cover letter, unofficial transcript, teaching philosophy, etc. Please wait for all documents to finish uploading before clicking Next.
- You cannot save your progress for later once the process has started!
- If the process times out you will lose your progress, so please ensure you have all necessary documents available before starting.
- The drop-down lists only display so many options: please type into a drop-down list to search for your option. For example: in Field of Study, you may need to enter your field name. If you have no field, type "None."
- If you have previously applied, make sure your information is current as you can transfer it to another application.
- Prior to submitting your application, verify all information for accuracy and ensure you have uploaded all appropriate documents. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit your application other than to change your contact information.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the Office of Human Resources via email at
[email protected] or by calling 864-294-2217.Job Title:Assistant Professor Business/AccountingJob Family:Furman FacultyFull-Time/Part-Time:Full timeCompensation Grade:FACPay Type:SalaryDepartment:Business/AccountingJob Summary:This is an Open Rank position (Assistant/Associate/Full).
The Business and Accounting Department at Furman University invites applications for a tenure track position at the Assistant, Associate, or Professor level to begin in the August 2020. Candidates must have a Ph.D. in Finance or a closely related field by August 1, 2020, and all areas of specialty will be considered. Course responsibilities include introductory and intermediate corporate finance, investments, quantitative financial analysis, international finance, and/or risk management.Job Description:
The position requires teaching excellence, scholarly and professional activity, and effective institutional service. The faculty member will be a team player who can teach required and elective courses in finance in a traditional classroom setting. The faculty member may also be asked to teach in Furman’s university-wide First Year Writing Seminar program. The candidate should have a demonstrated interest and ability to work effectively with students, a demonstrated collegial and collaborative skills, and a commitment to quality academic programs.
The Business and Accounting Department confers bachelor’s degrees with majors in Business Administration and Accounting. There are currently 8 faculty members who are all involved in various aspects of teaching, undergraduate research, academic publishing, and related professional activity, providing students with learning opportunities outside the classroom and in the community, and contributing to Furman’s university-wide First Year Writing Seminar program. Furman professors advise undergraduates both formally and informally, and work to build a welcoming student-faculty community. The typical teaching load is five courses per year.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy and experience, statement of research interests, an unofficial copy of graduate and undergraduate transcripts, and a diversity statement that describes how your teaching, scholarship, mentoring and/or service might contribute to a liberal arts college community that includes a commitment to diversity as one of its core values. Three letters of recommendation should also be submitted.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled, but to ensure full consideration, applications should be completed by October 20, 2019.
Questions may be asked by email – write to Department Chair Virginia Gerde, at [email protected]