Systems Engineer III
Systems Engineer III
IT Infrastructure I
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Systems Engineer's primary responsibility is the understanding of IAM architecture, analysis, configuration, testing, implementation and maintenance of IAM applications and tools. This role executes key life cycle methodology, supporting standards, and responding to business problems by collaborating with cross functional teams to develop and configure solutions to meet complex requirements as well as day to day business process issues.
Additional responsibilities include working with existing team members in the administration, feature implementation and improvements of core Office365 and Azure infrastructure. This includes the design and implementation of further identity and security solutions around SSO, MFA and remediation of identity risk events.
- Directly support the planning, organizing and execution of the Identity and Access Management function.
- Working with the development teams to make sure the right processes are in place as it relates to the AccountProvisioning Lifecycle.
- Working and partnering with several teams and business functions across the enterprise during the initial stages of projects/solutions to ensure the accuracy of business cases and that the solution will meet the business need.
- Adhering to the established lifecycle methodology and practices in accordance to project plans while carrying out their responsibilities. Engineering and implementing designs as per the requirements, including being a lead in the testing and validation of the solution
- Working with team members in the design and implementation of improvements to existing Office 365 and Azure infrastructure
- Through collaboration seek out ways to automate core business processes and streamline tasks with the use of modern scripting techniques
- Understanding business functional/non-functional requirements, policy requirements and application limitations to ensure successful, quality designs and conveying any challenges and plans to resolve them through collaboration
- Create/Update documentation for processes and procedures around Identity management and other infrastructure processes
- Interacting with partners to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Providing technical guidance to less experienced Engineers and Business Analysts
- Reviewing configurations/code
- 5 or more years of experience in Identity and access lifecycle development/design
- 3 or more years of experience leading complex IAM architectures
- Experience with Identity Access Governance and account provisioning solutions
- Engineer level experience with Office 365, and Active Directory
- Experience with SSO, MFA and other identity security techniques
- Experience with scripting and daily administrative use of PowerShell
- Demonstrated strong written and interpersonal communication
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- BS in computer science, engineering, or related area preferred
- Experience with Saviynt IAM solution preferred, but not required
- IT related certifications are a plus
- Knowledge of ITIL, with a focus on Incident and Change Management a plus
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Systems-Engineer-III_R0000585
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency