Director/Senior Director of Admissions
With a long tradition of excellence and innovation, the Daniels College of Business prepares students to succeed in a dynamic, changing world. We are a high-achieving global community of students and faculty that inspires one another to think in new ways, perform at higher levels, and transform organizations and communities. Daniels is ranked among the worlds top business schools and is the only business school in Colorado to receive high rankings and recognition from Businessweek, the Financial Times, U.S. News & World Report and Forbes.
The University of Denver is seeking an experienced, talented and ambitious Director/Senior Director of Admissions for a full-time position in the Office of Communications, Marketing and Graduate Admissions (OCMGA) at the Daniels College of Business. This is a terrific opportunity to join a dynamic team responsible for the graduate enrollment and related marketing, brand, internal and external communications, and internal events for the College.
The Director/Senior Director of Admissions will lead a highly effective enrollment management team (recruiting, admissions processing, financial aid; working in conjunction with enrollment marketing) devoted to the recruitment and retention of a high-quality, academically-prepared, diverse student body. Main responsibilities include:
- Work in collaboration with academic departments, the Dean's team and the Marketing team within OCMGA to set and achieve enrollment goals.
- Direct the graduate admissions process from point of inquiry through matriculation, including collaboration with academic chairs on admissions decisions.
- Optimize admissions decisions across enrollment goals, student records, interview results, optimal class structure, and probability of student success across a rich portfolio of MBA and MS degree programs.
- Manage scholarship allocations for admitted students.
- Develop, implement, and track new methods, techniques, ideas, and markets for recruiting.
- Provide leadership, supervision, training and policy/process development for the Admissions team.
- Lead coordination and execution of travel planning, financial aid planning, campus visitation and events.
- Analyze success of current student makeup to gain understanding of what makes a successful class.
- Measure the demographics and quality of admissions via GPA, test scores and other metrics.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extensive understanding of the graduate education admissions process, specifically including the sales process/techniques needed to convert inquiries into applicants and applicants into enrolled students.
- Excellent leadership, communication and people management skills.
- Highly committed to process implementation, execution, measurement and re-calibration.
- Highly organized and uses time well.
- Demonstrated ability to train and motivate a team.
To be considered for the Director of Admissions, you must meet the following required qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in admissions/enrollment management.
- Significant comfort with data handling and analysis, and adjusting strategy based on data.
- Experience with a CRM system.
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook skills.
To be considered for the Senior Director of Admissions, you must meet the Director required qualifications plus the following required qualifications:
- MBA or Master's degree in related field.
- 8+ years of experience in admissions/enrollment management, with substantial experience at the director level or above overseeing a team.
- Experience supervising a team.
- Experience working in graduate business education.
- Experience in a customer-facing role and as a manager/supervisor.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. with evenings and weekends as needed.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Monday, August 5, 2019.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.