Data Analyst 2
Data Analyst 2
Job Number: 84002
Data Analyst 2Job Code: 4745 Effective/Revision Date: June 26, 2019
A strong candidate for this position has been identified.
Under minimal supervision, perform the most complex technical work associated with a wide variety of analytical data and produce routine, single data sources' information requests.
The Stanford Communication Department is searching for a 95% time Sr Data Analyst for the Journalism Program. This is a two-year fixed term position with the possibility of renewal. Person will report to the Director of the Journalism Program.
Website: http://journalism.stanford.edu/ CORE DUTIES*:
- Work under consultative or self-initiated direction to assess and produce relevant, standard, or custom information (reports, charts, graphs and tables) from structured data sources by querying data repositories and generating the associated information. Distribute and disseminate reports to applicable agencies, researchers, management and other internal end-users.
- Devise methods for identifying data patterns, trends in available information sources using a variety of qualitative and quantitative techniques. Determine and recommend additional data collection and reporting requirements.
- Design and customize reports based upon data in the database.
- Create non-routine databases and their related information summary; develop algorithms and statistical model; and perform statistical analyses appropriate to complex data and reporting requirements.
- Serve as a resource for non-routine inquiries such as requests for statistics or surveys.
- Lead the implementation of data standards and common data elements for data collection.
- Collaborate with technical staff to standardize and systemize routine reports, dashboards, and metrics.
- May test prototype software and participate in approval and release process for new software.
Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience. Experience in a quantitative discipline such as economics, finance, statistics or engineering
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, use a telephone, and grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally grasp forcefully, writing by hand.
- Rarely sort/file paperwork; lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Occasional work on evenings and weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu/.
- Schedule: Part-time
- Job Code: 4745
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: I
- Requisition ID: 84002
Location: School of Humanities and Sciences, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency