Administrative Specialist II
This position provides administrative support for faculty and students in four departments, two interdisciplinary programs, the Freeman Asia program. Handle multiple priorities for 18 faculty members, with specific support for chairs and program directors. This position is full time, for 9.5 months a year; 40 hrs/week August 1 – April 30 and 20 hrs/week May 1 – May 31.
- Perform administrative and clerical, including tracking budgets, preparing course schedules, and updating websites for four departments and two interdisciplinary programs. Typing correspondence and reports, as well as, proofreading and editing documents; coordinating and tracking faculty searches; assisting faculty with computer software problems and ordering necessary equipment. Assist faculty with travel arrangements; updating online and printed versions of professional directories; attending/taking notes at meetings as requested by chairs/directors.
- Assist with coordination of ES Signature Experience May Term; organizing visa applications for students and faculty.
- Perform administrative and clerical support for the Freeman Asia program; preparing correspondence/certificates, proofreading, editing, and formatting documents, preparing posters and flyers; PowerPoint slides; assist in completing Learning Contracts; receiving and compiling required documents from students; following-up with students for missing requirements; other tasks related to the internship program.
- Serve as a liaison between departments/programs and other university departments, students, and organizations as well as outside organizations.
- Coordinate meetings, events and campus speakers by scheduling rooms; ordering catering; arranging travel and hotel reservations; preparing posters and flyers.
- Collect fees for department and program honor societies and distribute honor cords; prepare honor and award certificates; coordinate Eckley Award competition.
- Maintain office supplies and replenish/order as necessary; preparing invoices and charging appropriate departments. Oversee the Center for Liberal Arts by managing building keys, office assignments, maintenance orders and the building directory.
- Regularly attends university training sessions on new systems.
- Trains and supervises four student workers.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of three years related professional experience
- Demonstrates a high level of competency in Microsoft Office Suite: PowerPoint, Excel, Word, as well as, Google Drive, Google Docs, and Adobe X Pro.
Please download the application at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/Positions.html. All application materials must be received no later than Monday, August 5. Send to:
Illinois Wesleyan University
209 Holmes Hall
1312 Park Street
Bloomington, IL 61701
Fax 309-556-1710, (please include coversheet)
The final candidate will pass a pre-employment background investigation.
Illinois Wesleyan University’s sexual misconduct policy may be accessed at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/SexualMisconductPolicy.html
Illinois Wesleyan University is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity and Inclusive Excellence; details at www.iwu.edu/diversity