Associate Vice President for Strategy & Policy
he UNC System Office located in Chapel Hill, NC invites applications for the position of Associate Vice President for Strategy and Policy. For a detailed position profile, please visit: https://tinyurl.com/UNC-AVP-Strategy
The Associate Vice President will play a lead role in the design, implementation, and management of System-level projects, including the System’s performance measurement and accountability framework and the work of the Board of Governors Committee on Strategic Initiatives.
- Serving as the primary point of contact between the Division and relevant institutional leaders, faculty, and staff on strategy and policy issues.
- Serving as a staff liaison to the UNC Board of Governors Strategic Planning Committee.
- Overseeing annual Strategic Plan reporting process on System and institution-level performance, including: managing analysts and contractors to make updates to public data dashboards; preparing presentations, institutional profiles, and other written material that outline the results; communicating with constituent institutions regarding processes and timelines; and other related activities.
- Taking a leadership role in the implementation of key policy initiatives under the Division’s purview and representing the Division on relevant policy initiatives overseen by other areas of the System Office. This includes identifying deliverables and milestones, establishing and communicating timelines to multiple audiences, and keeping the SVP informed through consistent project management.
- Managing the execution of projects (data analysis, research, and policy analysis) that emerge from requests by the President, Board of Governors, and the General Assembly.
- And other duties as assigned.