Associate Vice President, Human Resources and Employee Experience
- Duties and responsibilities include:
- Provides inspired leadership and develops and implements human resources best practices in the areas of talent acquisition, total rewards, employee relations, performance management, training, and compliance;
- Architects a performance management structure that includes robust onboarding, training, and performance reviews;
- Creates and implements a total rewards and compensation strategy in the areas of salary, benefits (healthcare, life insurance and retirement), and paid-time off in a compelling, competitive, and financially prudent manner;
- Develops and implements a comprehensive professional development program;
- Serves as a mentor for faculty, staff and administration;
- Manages sensitive issues with faculty, staff, and students with integrity and discretion.
- Ensures the integrity, confidentiality, and completeness of electronic and physical Human Resource records and data systems;
- Implements effective policies and practices for workers compensation, disability support services, and unemployment;
- Complies with all federal, state and local legal requirements by staying abreast of existing and new regulations and advising management on necessary actions.
- Makes presentations to appropriate Board committees;
- Oversees the University payroll system, interfaces and compliance;
- Manages employment related immigration matters and regulations with outside immigration counsel;
- Models culturally sensitive interaction and support for all faculty and staff as a model for the welcoming climate and promotes diversity and inclusion;
- Provides overall leadership to staff and managers;
- Serves as a member of the Title IX team;
- Serves as the University’s Equal Employment Opportunity Officer and ADA and Section 504 Coordinator.
- Strategic Thinking and Leadership: An open, collaborative, transparent and inclusive style of leadership that engenders trust, fosters teamwork, sustains a learning and professional environment for staff. Imaginative with excellent strategic thinking abilities and a broad institutional leader. Demonstrated track record of leading a high performing human resources function. Experience in higher education is preferred, but other backgrounds will be considered.
- Human Resources Expertise:Minimum of 10 years of human resources leadership experience with demonstrated success in the areas of talent management, performance management, employee relations, total rewards management, and compliance. Particular experience developing an effective performance management system is needed.
- Resourceful and Nimble:Proven track record of exercising creativity and resourcefulness, executing and getting things done, and anticipating and responding to needs and trends. Operationally-minded and financially prudent with strong project management skills.
- Staff Development Excellence:Proven track record in managing, evaluating, mentoring, empowering, and recruiting HR staff and a demonstrated commitment to their personal and professional development.
- Relationship and Change Management:Ability to collaborate and build bridges and relationships with faculty, staff, students, and a diverse set of stakeholders. Excellent interpersonal, relationship building, and persuasion skills with an accessible, warm, collegial, and unflappable style and manner. A proven track record of introducing initiatives that require thoughtful change management approaches.
- A deep and abiding interest and commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity.
- An optimistic and agile leader who thrives on challenges.
- Prior successful experience with management of third-party contracts.
- Experience working with a unionized workforce is a decided plus.
- Experience working and applying human resources best practices in a global context.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.An advanced degree, and SPHR and SHRM-SCP certifications are strongly preferred.
Arcadia University seeks candidates of diverse cultural backgrounds and abilities. Arcadia University encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. All offers of employment are conditional based on the successful completion of a background check.
Apply for Associate Vice President, Human Resources and Employee Experience
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly