Aurora University seeks talented staff and administrators who are passionate about supporting an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
Position Purpose: The University Controller supports learning by working directly with the Vice President for Finance in promoting financial sustainability at Aurora University. Excellent financial reporting, internal control, and judgement are critical to the success of this position. A successful candidate is skilled in communication, problem resolution, technically proficient with GAAP and not-for-project accounting, and has strong Excel and other software skills.
Essential Job Functions:
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; Master’s and/or CPA preferred.
- Accounting and audit experience in higher education required.
- 10+ years of experience and increasing responsibility in a complex organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills required to communicate financial information in a meaningful way to all constituents of the university community.
- Ability to interpret, apply and communicate regulations, accounting principles, policies and procedures.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and accurate.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, understand and attend to details, meet established deadlines, and provide excellent customer service to the university community.
- Able to maintain strong internal control environment including supporting documentation and authorizations.
- Strong analytical skills as required for account analysis and reconciliation.
- Expertise in spreadsheet and word processing software: Microsoft is preferred.
- Experience with Ellucian’s Colleague system preferred.
- Ability to inspire and motivate others to perform at high levels.
- Able to handle multiple priorities and effectively meet deadlines as required.
- Ability to interact verbally in person, over telephone and via written and electronic media.
- Ability to move about campus and other locations.
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.Apply to: Aurora University
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
[email protected] - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.