University Risk Manager
Aurora University seeks talented staff and administrators who are passionate about supporting an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
Position Purpose: The University Risk Manager supports learning by overseeing the university's insurance and risk management programs to include the processing of premium payments; issuance of certificates of insurance coverage, serving as liaison between the university, broker, and insurance carriers in an effort to facilitate claim investigation and resolution. The University Risk Manager will assist in the development of policies for risk management and loss control; serve on project teams as an insurance expert; and coordinate carrier site visits and inspections. Further, the University Risk Manager will assist the Office of the VP for Finance with contract management to review contract terms and conditions, negotiate favorable language, and manage record-keeping for all contract-related correspondence and documentation.
Essential Job Functions:
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Risk Management, Finance or other related field. Master’s strongly preferred.
- 6+ years of experience in risk management and liability insurance.
- Experience working with a variety of insurance products applicable to a university setting.
- Extensive knowledge about insurance contract language and risk transfer.
- Knowledge of insurance claim reporting, claim file documentation, and record retention.
- Ability to read and comprehend complex contract and policy language, independently assess specific terms and conditions in the context of the entire agreement, and determine elements that are missing or insufficient to protect the university’s interests.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational, time management and problem solving skills.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and accurate.
- Able to handle multiple priorities and effectively meet deadlines as required.
- Ability to interact verbally in person, over telephone and via written and electronic media
- Ability to move about campus and other locations.
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.Apply to: Aurora University
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
[email protected] - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.