Business Intelligence Analyst
The beginning of the salary range for this position is $52,563. The final salary will be commensurate with education and experience.Employee CategoryAdministratorsDepartmentBusiness IntelligenceEClass CodeFull Time AdministratorsPosition Summary
Located in the Office of University Effectiveness, the Business Intelligence Analyst is both an expert higher education data analyst and report author. The Business Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for pulling, cleaning, and formatting large amounts of data from multiple sources for both regularly recurring and ad-hoc analyses. Using academic, financial, and socio-economic data, this position must demonstrate best practices in conducting studies to aid in institution-wide understanding and data informed decision-making.
Metropolitan State University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. IND208Duties/Responsibilities
40 – 50% Data Collection and Cleaning
• Work with university clients to fully understand their data questions, problems, contexts, and hypotheses
• Collect data from various sources including Banner, enterprise data warehouse, Qualtrics, etc., using appropriate data definitions
• Develop, document, and implement processes where needed for decision analysis
• Design surveys and implement as needed
40 – 50% Report Writing and Data Analysis
• Write and interpret ad-hoc and recurring reports and analyses using multiple internal and external data sources
• Create thorough analysis of various client questions, problems, or hypotheses
• Appropriate use of descriptive and inferential statistics
• Provide recommendations based on analyses
• Create custom analyses, perform research, analyze survey data, etc., as needed to address university opportunities and challenges
• Provide data and metric coaching
10 – 20% Other duties as assigned
• Work diplomatically with other teams, such as Information Technology Services, Institutional Research, Banner stakeholders, and others to ensure validity and integrity of data
• Work with other university staff to improve data collection efforts, processes, documentation, and report archiving
• If assigned, serve on university committees and implementation teams in support of university initiatives
This position works within a team that responds to requests from many university stakeholders. For that reason, the demands of the position and areas of focus will be fluid. Over the course of a year, these percentages are anticipated, but cannot be guaranteed.Required Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in analytics or related field (computer science, computer information systems, economics, mathematics, market research, psychology, business, etc.) or years’ experience as equivalent
• Experience with Tableau, Power BI, WebI or other similar software
• Experience with SPSS, R, or another similar statistical program
• Experience with SQL and relational databases
• Intermediate or higher proficiency with Excel
• Master’s Degree in data science, statistics, or related quantitative analytical field (computer science, computer information systems, economics, mathematics, market research, psychology, business, etc.) or years’ experience as equivalent
• Experience interpreting data and presenting findings to technical and non-technical audiences
• Experience with techniques in machine learning and other statistical testing
• Experience with GIS analysis
• Experience with survey techniques, program evaluation, and descriptive and inferential statistical analysis
• Experience conducting research and developing meaningful performance metrics
• Experience working in a collaborative team environment
• Experience working in higher education or similar professional environment
• Experience working with large files of complex data: pulling, joining, cleaning data, creating variables and calculations, and data integrity validation
Complete applications received by July 29, 2019 will receive full consideration. Position is open until filled.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).