APRN Department of Student Health Services
Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-07-18
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Where Excellence Meets PurposeThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
This position reports to the Director of the Student Health Service.
Summary: Requires interest in both urgent care and continuity care of college population, with competence in diagnosis and treatment of common ambulatory problems and minor office procedures.
• Perform complete physical examinations.
• Select plans for assessments and diagnosis including ordering and interpretation of laboratory work.
• Plan, implement and evaluate treatment.
• Instruct patient in management of current illness, maintenance of optimal good health in the future.
• Encourage follow-up for all serious illnesses.
• Administering medications and treatments when necessary.
• Assisting physicians in community health planning.
• Assisting physicians in emergency care.
• Suturing of minor lacerations.
• Administering vaccinations for national and international travel.
• Specialty clinics including women’s health, men’s health and allergy; hurricane preparation and if necessary remaining on site during and after a hurricane.
• Assist physicians with the teaching and supervision of medical students.
• Provision of health care education to staff during weekly meetings.
• Assist administrative staff with front office duties as needed.
• Operate vision check machine, ECG machine, autoclave, and audiometer machines.
• Other health care/health education duties as assigned
As well as providing primary care, the nurse practitioner and/or physician assistant’s role may include individual and group teaching, counseling on all matters relating to health including substance abuse, alcohol, drugs and cigarettes.
• Supervises front desk and medical records staff and serves as liaison between front desk staff and other Health Center staff.
• Supervises non-clinical aspect of provider staff responsibilities.
• Interacts with students, parents and other constituencies to maintain excellent customer service.
• Works with clinical and other administrative staff to arrange timely referral for diagnostic and referral care, and assist with follow-up care of hospitalized and other complicated patients.
• Work with lab and others to assure timely reports and notification of lab and diagnostic test results and serves as liaison between pharmacy and clinic staff.
• Responsible for daily and monthly patient visit reports.
• Assist with mandatory immunization process including entry of data from new students and inquiries regarding policy requirements and verification of status.
• Supports Associate Director for Administration and Director in all administrative matters or assigned.
• Maintain basic understanding of Student Health Insurance Plan and serve as liaison between student, clinical staff and other administrative staff.
• Other duties as assigned.
APRN Florida Licensure
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:n10