Soc/Clin Research Specialist
Posting InformationPosition Information Position TypePermanent Staff (SHRA)Is this an internal only recruitment?NoPosition TitleSoc/Clin Research Specialist - JourneyWorking TitleSoc/Clin Research SpecialistPosition Number20034257Vacancy IDP010450Budgeted Hiring Range$53000 - $72826Pay Band Information
To learn more about the pay band for this branch and role, please see the Career Banding rates spreadsheet.Salary Grade Equivalent72/GN11Full-time/Part-time Permanent/Time-LimitedFull-Time PermanentIf time-limited, estimated duration of appointmentHours per week40Work Schedule
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.Department Name and NumberRadiology - Research-412802Date First Posted07/17/2019Closing Date07/23/2019Position LocationChapel Hill, NCPosition Posting CategoryResearch Professionals Position Summary Information Department Description
The Department of Radiology at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is seeking a Social/Clinical Research Specialist to work with the Epidemiology Research Team. The Epidemiology Research Team (ERT) within the Department of Radiology conducts studies on cancer risk factors, cancer screening, and health services research. The Epidemiology Research Team is gearing up to embark on a newly-funded study that will build on prior research to investigate the relationship between hormones, breast composition and breast cancer.Equal Opportunity Employer
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.Position Description
The primary purposes of the Social/Clinical Research Specialist will be to serve as (1) Data Manager to manage the acquisition, collation, and storage of the study data and (2) Programmer to conduct and assist in the interpretation of study analyses. Duties and responsibilities include data management, data quality assessment, analysis and expectations to attend team meetings.Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to the field assigned and one year of related training or experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.Essential Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
This position requires knowledge of applied aspects of observational and clinical research design, research data management, and statistical programming. Previous experience managing and analyzing data for health research and proficiency with statistical programming software (e.g., SAS, Stata, etc.) are essential.Preferred Qualifications
A graduate degree (preferred) or graduate level coursework in one or more of the following disciplines: data management, programming, informatics, statistics or epidemiology. The successful candidate will also need to understand the maintenance of data security to ensure the protection of human subjects involved in the research.Required Licenses/Certifications Special Physical and Mental RequirementsPosition/Schedule RequirementsOvertime occasionallyPosition Attributes1.0Stimulus/ARRA FundedNoQuick Linkhttp://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/164997 Contact Information Office of Human Resources Contact Information
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (919) 843-2300 or send an email to [email protected]
Please note: The Office of Human Resources will not be able to provide specific updates regarding position or application status.Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select the response below that best describes your experience/education for the Social/Clinical Research Specialist position.
- Bachelor's in a discipline related to the field assigned and at least 1 year of related training or experience.
- Associate's, Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate in an unrelated field and at least 5 years of related training and/or experience.
- Master's and/or Doctorate in a discipline related to the field assigned.
- Associate's in a discipline related to the field assigned and at least 3 years of related training or experience.
- Combination of post-high school education and experience to equal at least 5 years of experience related to the field assigned (ex: 1 year towards a degree and 4 years experience).
- Did not complete high school but have a combination of high school education and related experience to equal at least 9 years (ex. 3 years of high school and 6 years of experience).
- None of the above
- * Describe your computer skills with regard to Microsoft products such as Word and Excel, database software, and statistical analysis packages.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you consider yourself detail oriented and focused at work?
- * Do you have experience with data management and clinical research methods? If yes, please indicate the number of years of experience you have had and briefly describe the types of activities you typically performed.
(Open Ended Question)