Legal Project Administrator
Job location: Chicago, IL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-07-17
TCS Education System is seeking a Legal Project Administrator to support the Office of the General Counsel (“OGC”) and the Corporate Secretary function. This role will be located in our Chicago office and report directly to the General Counsel. The Legal Project Administrator collaborates with leaders and staff across the system to improve the legal processes and strategic partnership development of the organization.
The ideal candidate will have an ability to incorporate problem solving, critical thinking and tactical execution into their daily work in order to prioritize and foresee the needs of various projects and process improvement to support the Office of the General Counsel, Corporate Secretary, and needs of our affiliate partners.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with OGC to, plan and execute Legal Department operations and projects, from initiation through delivery, and plan and direct implementation efforts.
- Work with OGC team to propose solutions to manage client expectations and take an ownership role throughout the delivery of various projects.
- Interface with all functional areas within the organization to assess areas of opportunity for OGC partnership
- Support President’s Office and Corporate Secretary with respect to corporate governance initiatives related to System and Affiliates
- Develop, proofread, and ensure timely distribution/posting of meeting agendas, resolutions/written consents, supplemental materials, and governance-related communications as well as coordinate related logistics
- Assist with corporate governance management including reporting on Board meetings, drafting, compiling and finalizing meeting minutes and maintaining corporate records
- Form, maintain, and dissolve corporate entities in partnership with finance, operational and other teams.
- Ability to manage peak workloads, multiple projects and work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to maintain high level of professional confidentiality.
- Strong capabilities to engage directly with OGC team members on strategy and be able to pivot to granular detail within working teams.
- Proactive, entrepreneurial approach to recognizing needs, solving problems, anticipating issues, and developing solutions; excellent business judgment and strategic thinking.
- Exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills and a commitment to professionalism and collegiality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Motivated and excited by the challenge of solving complex problems.
- Dedicated to your own continuous learning, even as you help others learn.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Paralegal certificate preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience supporting executive-level in Legal environment. Background in consulting or legal operations with project management experience preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience supporting corporate governance efforts in a corporate or non-profit organization
- Advanced Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint skills. Technologically advanced to navigate multiple systems and tools, and promote efficiency.
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.