Senior Tutor Math Resource Center
Senior Tutor Math Resource CenterTracking Code200074 Job Description
Tutor students in various Mathematics courses taught in Johnson County Community College. Other responsibilities include referring students to appropriate resources, assisting students with computer software and calculator skills necessary for the courses, helping with problem solving skills required in Mathematics, mentoring new and peer tutors, working in outreach programs, and other duties as requested by the supervisor.Required Skills
- Must be able to help with computer programs and online homework platforms
- Good communication skills, including listening with understanding and patience is required
- Ability to explain concepts and solve word problems in Mathematics, both orally and in written form in a one to one or small group setting
- Ability to tutor Calculus 2 and above
- Ability to tutor Statistics or Differential Equations preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in mathematics, math education, or related field
- At least 21 credit hours in mathematics at the Calculus 1 level and above
- At least 1 year tutoring or teaching experience
- Must be familiar with graphing calculators
- Tutoring experience at a community college, preferred
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.Job Location Overland Park, Kansas, United StatesPosition TypePart-Time