Accountant Technician I - Controller's Office
Accountant Technician I - Controller's Office
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your ON-LINE application, you may send them to Human Resources via email [email protected] or fax to (702) 651-5778.
Based on the volume of applications received this recruitment may close at any time. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Under direct supervision of the Salary Administration Senior Specialist; responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- This position is within the Controller's Office, currently located on the North Las Vegas Campus.
- this position will perform technical accounting duties.
- This position is responsible for competing monthly bank reconciliation. Reconcile assigned accounts, research and resolve any discrepancies.
- Prepares and enters journal vouchers.
- This position acts as backup to office duties, such as answering phone calls, filing and data input, to ensure normal business flow in the Controller's Office, and undertake special tasks as assigned.
- General knowledge of: accounting theory and principles; bookkeeping practices; automated accounting systems, including spreadsheet software for personal computers to allow design of or revision of financial reports. Ability to: read, understand, and apply complex regulations and accounting guidelines and procedures; meet deadlines, prioritize and organize work and handle frequent interruptions; and effectively compose business correspondence and reports.
- The position does require periodic travel between campus locations and training/meeting facilities.The employee will be reimbursed based on CSN's Travel Policy and Procedures.
- The work schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.The employee may be required to work overtime and on weekends in order to meet deadlines.Due to the heavy workload for year-end audit, annual leave requests for more than 3 consecutive days may not be approved for July, August, and September, unless there are compelling extenuating circumstances.For other periods of the year, the employee will follow the Leave Policies for the Controller's Office.
- Ability to:read, understand, and apply complex regulations and accounting guidelines and procedures; meet deadlines, prioritize and organize work and handle frequent interruptions; and effectively compose business correspondence and reports.
- The position requires physical abilities of sitting and working on a computer for a long period of time; typing on the computer key board; clicking computer mouse; using 10-key adding machine; bending/squatting and the ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Graduation from high school supplemented by 6 college credits in beginning accounting and two years of financial records maintenance experience which includes such duties as controlling accounts payable/receivable; preparing financial reports for internal management use; and reconciling complex accounts; OR two years of experience as an Accounting Assistant III in Nevada State service which includes 6 college credits in beginning accounting; OR one year as an Accounting Assistant IV in Nevada State service which includes 6 college credits in beginning accounting; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above which must have included 6 college credits in beginning accounting.
Grade 30, Step 1 - Grade 30, Step 10
$41,572.08 - $61,011.36
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
- Resume /CV
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial College Transcripts (optional)
Out of Area/State Candidates will not be offered travel reimbursement.
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59pm the day prior to the position close date.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-external/job/CSN---North-Las-Vegas-Campus/Accountant-Technician-I---Controller-s-Office_R0117090
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency