NPL Program Administrator
NPL Program Administrator
Job Number: 83975
NPL Program Administrator (AA4) Job Code 4104 Job Grade G
FTE: 100% FTE, Non-Exempt, continuing
School of Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Dept, Design Group, Nanoscale Prototyping Lab
The Department of Mechanical Engineering
Mechanical Engineering is one of the largest departments in Stanford's School of Engineering, with over 40 faculty and roughly 800 undergraduate, masters, and doctoral students. The department is consistently ranked in the top group of all mechanical engineering departments in the nation. Our faculty members work in five major research groups that reflect the department's focus and methodologies. Our philosophy is simple: We push the limits of the possible - the ultra-efficient and hyper-fast, the maximally enduring and most sustainable, the fully autonomous and the super-controlled. We employ a range of methodologies: design thinking, computational simulation, control systems and multi-scale approaches that range from the nanoscale to complex biological and mechanical systems.
The Nanoscale Prototyping Laboratory (NPL) at Stanford creates, models, and prototypes nanoscale structures to understand the physics of electrical energy conversion and storage. Director Prof. Fritz Prinz works closely with his team of graduate students, postdoctoral scholars, research associates and visiting faculty to explore, prototype and test, and publish their results. Members of the NPL Affiliate Program have the opportunity to work directly with the lab and participate in research focus groups, workshops and other specialized events.
The Mechanical Engineering Design Group seeks a personable, organized, detail-oriented and flexible administrator to join the NPL team. Reporting to Prof. Prinz, the NPL Program Administrator manages multiple simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment. Do you have a gift for organization, excellent writing skills, superior attention to detail, and a love of working with people? You may be the right fit to join our team.
Your responsibilities include:
- Manage Professor's busy Outlook calendar, 6-8 months in advance, scheduling appointments, interviews, conference calls of up to 20 people, in-person meetings and travel
- Support extensive domestic and international travel: reservations, itineraries, reimbursements, coordination with others
- Facilitate communication: screen/respond to most of the Professor's email; compose correspondence for Professor's signature; edit articles, proposals, correspondence
- Manage Affiliates Program: interface with current and potential affiliates, plan visits & activities; process fees; monitor finances
- Manage NPL: process appointment forms and visa-related actions for all Lab personnel; coordinate annual performance appraisal process; ensure salary accounts are up-to-date; promptly attend to facilities issues
- Support research, working closely with Research Administrator to comply with all rules and regulations of funding agencies
- Plan events (scheduling, venue, catering, equipment, etc.) for committee meetings, colleague and partner visits, project reviews, workshops, etc.
- Provide accurate and timely processing of financial transactions: PCard, Travel Card, Purchase Order, Expense Reimbursement, Gift Processing
- Help students, faculty and staff regarding NPL policies and procedures
- Support courses: prepare handouts, arrange guest lectures, coordinate Course Assistant appointments
- Maintain Professor's CV, publications list, journal files, web site, Annual Faculty Report, customized bios
- Ensure all purchasing and IT needs are handled in a timely manner
- Respond to inquiries, taking appropriate action
- Flexibility in completing assigned duties
To be successful in this position you will bring:
- A high school diploma and six years of administrative experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with Word, Excel, calendaring, web navigation and research, and email applications
- Enjoyment of handling multiple simultaneous projects; ability to ensure progress on all projects to meet or beat deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, initiative, follow-through
- Success in event design/management
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment, and maintain good humor and flexibility amid shifting priorities and changing plans
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
In addition, preferred requirements include:
- A Bachelor's Degree in English, History or other field requiring excellent written and verbal communication.
- Experience with Stanford policy, procedures and Stanford Oracle Financials
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission are our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff members. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your background in administration and provide examples of your experience with executive-level support, event management, responsiveness, and flexibility.
Thank you for your interest!
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4104
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: G
- Requisition ID: 83975
Location: School of Engineering, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency