Research Associate (Limited Term) - 1 Year Term
DepartmentThe Space Flight Laboratory (SFL) atthe Institute for Aerospace Studies invites applications for a ResearchAssociate (Limited Term) for a 1 year appointment with possibility of renewal.
The incumbent’s responsibilities mayinclude:
- Researching the latest and novelapproaches for electronics design.
- Researching novel approaches todesign and qualification of electronics for satellites.
- Developing embedded electronics forsmall satellites, including microprocessor based digital electronics, massmemory storage units, high-speed electronics, power distribution and controlelectronics, and/or radio frequency/microwave electronics.
- Assembling, integrating and testingelectronics (digital, analog, radio, or microwave)
- Developing software for customelectronics.
- Supporting the integration and testat the system (satellite) level.
- Mentoring and working with graduateand students
- Working with domestic andinternational collaborators in satellite projects.
- Supporting dissemination ofachievements at conferences and exhibits.
- Supporting facility relatedactivities, including procurement and maintenance of equipment.
Ph.D. in Electronics, ElectricalEngineering, Electronics Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or equivalentcombination of university engineering degree and industrial experience.
Minimum 2 years of postgraduateand/or industrial experience in developing complex and/or high speed digitaland/or analog circuits such as microprocessor based computer boards, mass memoryunits, power distribution and control electronics, and/or radio hardware. The candidate must also possess experience inlow level software design and programming. Thecandidate must have direct experience in developing custom power electronicsfor nanosatellites and microsatellites, have familiarity with screening andtesting power electronics for space using the microspace philosophy, and haveworked on microsatellites for at least 2 different commercial customers thathave launched in the last 2 years or are expected to launch within the next 1-2years. Multidisciplinary skills are an asset.
Independent and collaborativeresearch and development, mentoring/training graduate students, electronics(digital, analog, radio, or all of these) research, design, build, integrationand test. Use electronics designsoftware tools such as Altium Designer, EESof ADS, and HFSS.
Department: Institute for Aerospace Studies
Campus: U of T Institute for Aerospace Studies
Job Field: Research Associate (Limited Term)
Job Posting: Jul 17, 2019
Job Closing: Sep 22, 2019, 10:59:00 PM