Finance & Time and Labor Systems Analyst
Under the general direction of the Assistant Director of Financial System Support or designee, the Finance/Time and Labor Systems Analyst plans, organizes, administers, and directs Finance and Time and Labor systems and functions with active participation in application support; including the analysis of user needs, system security, system enhancements, upgrades, problem resolution, adapting existing applications/databases to new technology and report writing.
- Responsible for all phases of complex report design and development across various platforms and reporting tools, including gathering of functional needs and design requirements from end-users, translation of needs into technical design specifications and testing of reports.
- Design and develop databases\templates for data pulled from PeopleSoft
- Assist in system upgrades
- Daily operational support as needed for PeopleSoft modules
- Assist in scoping out new projects
- Participate in new projects through business process design, testing and implementation
- Support HR and Finance staff for system issues
- Responsible for table maintenance and security within PeopleSoft
- PeopleSoft Data custodian for Worcester campus, assigning security
- Ensure quality control through testing and debugging software for accuracy, completeness and system integrity
- Provide liaison support between functional end users. Assists in the development of functional specifications that articulate clearly and completely deliverables consistent with user expectations and vendor/third party needs
- Design user training materials and deliver training sessions
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial systems operations, business procedures, and relational databases and reporting tools.
- 3 years of related experience
- Knowledge ERP systems and query writing
- Conceptual and analytical skills to develop solutions and recommendations
- High knowledge of Excel as well as other Microsoft products
- Communication skills, both oral and written, necessary to interact with all organizational levels within and outside the Medical School