(MCCC/Non-Benefited) Division Advisor - Business & Digital Learning Division
Department:: Academic Affairs
Locations:: Holyoke, MA
Posted:: Jul 17, 2019
Closes:: Jul 31, 2019 - 11:59 PM EDT
Type:: PT No Benefits
Ref. No.:: MCCC
About Holyoke Community College:
Holyoke Community College: the opportunities you want; the future you're looking for. For over 65 years, Holyoke Community College has been a gateway to quality education and career advancement. Seeking to realize their dreams and aspirations, more than 100,000 students have come through the open doors of the College. HCC offers over 100 different academic options. The Commonwealth's oldest community college, Holyoke Community College serves more than 10,000 students annually in credit and noncredit programs and courses. The college has the highest transfer rate of any community college statewide, holding articulation agreements with more than 27 colleges and universities. Recognized for its Honors Program, distance learning curriculum, learning communities, and service to students, HCC also offers business development opportunities through the Kittredge Center for Business and Workforce Development.
Part-time, non-benefited MCCC unit position for the Business & Digital Learning Division
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Maintains regular caseload of (division specific) students, including: students who are first generation to college in developmental classes; and divisional students on academic probation.
- Maintains regular evening hours for meeting with students (at least twice a week).
- Provides thoughtful, intensive, career and academic advising to students.
- Provides advising, follow up and academic planning to students on probation during January and June annually.
- Contacts students when necessary to support retention issues.
- Represents division at campus events (open house, information sessions, student club fairs, Super Saturday, etc.).
- Collaborates with division staff on advising initiatives (student incentive programs, student outreach/follow up).
- Collects data on own student caseload and assists in student tracking, data collection and analysis for larger divisional student body.
- Attends meetings as requested.
- Facilitates and participates in campus trainings/meetings regarding advising/professional development, as needed.
- Assists in the ACT Center during peak registration times.
- Provides input/feedback on division activities, observes department processes and procedures as established.
- Works collaboratively with Faculty Liaison.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree in counseling, education, or related field; Experience with academic and/or career advising in an educational setting; Experienced in working with diverse students and staff; Strong communication skills.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Master's degree in counseling, education, or related field; Experience with academic and/or career advising in higher education; Prior experience working with community college students or adult learners (ESL, ABE).
EQUIVALENCY STATEMENT: Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as stated above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them for the responsibilities of this position.
COMPENSATION: $28.29 per hour
HOURS: 18.5 hours per week; 50 week, non-benefited position
Final schedule will be developed with the successful candidate.
- Availability during peak hours of Monday through Thursday between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.; and 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Flexibility during priority registration events and primary student events such as New Student Orientation and summer advising.
Holyoke Community College is committed to excellence and opportunity through diversity in education and employment. Holyoke Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, maternity leave, and national origin.
- All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. HCC is not sponsoring H1B Visa.
- Pre-Employment Background check, including Criminal History will be conducted for all positions.
Applicants interested in applying MUST submit the following documents online:
Resume, Cover Letter and List of 3 Professional References with names, email addresses, and phone numbers. (When preparing your cover letter, please refer to the minimum and preferred qualifications as pertaining to this position and, if applicable, include an equivalency statement.)
DEADLINE: Screening will begin with applications received by July 31, 2019. Additional applications may be considered until position is filled.
Returning Applicants - Login to your Holyoke Employment Account to check your completed application.