Administrative Assistant, Graduate Admissions - Concord and Sturbridge, MA Campus
Category:: Administrative / Staff
Department:: 01-52-5265-CE&Grad Admissions
Locations:: Concord, MA
Posted:: Jul 17, 2019
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Full-Time Hourly (Non-Exempt)
About Bay Path University:
When Bay Path opened its doors to students in downtown Springfield, MA in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student. To start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and four satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord, Springfield), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
- Job Code: AAGAB
- Job Type: Full-time
- Hours: 8:30am to 5:00pm, some evenings
- Schedule: Monday through Friday, some weekends
- Location: Concord, MA
Reporting to the Director of Graduate Admissions, New Business Development and Strategic Partnerships, the Administrative Assistant supports graduate admissions - most specifically the director who recruits students for the Applied Behavioral Analysis, Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Special Education, Licensed Mental Health Counseling, Healthcare Management, and the Developmental Psychology graduate programs. This position assists by efficiently managing all graduate office administration, event planning, phone calls from interested students, and the Jenzabar database. Additionally, this position is responsible for the maintenance of all admissions files for the programs noted above including student documents, transcripts, and letters as well as the scheduling of appointments and assisting with the planning of and/or attending admissions recruitment events and orientation events on and off campus.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Organizes and coordinates all details of information sessions, speakers programs, on and off-site events, recruitment tours, campus visits, and other workshops or sessions. These details include but are not limited to notification of potential students and University staff, arrangements for food, equipment, materials, and room reservations, tracks attendance and ensures the effective operation of the registration process.
- Manages the needs and use of the Jenzabar system in maintaining accurate student records as related to the admissions process. This includes data entry and updating of student information in the system.
- Handles all departmental written correspondence with potential students. This includes preparing letters in the email/mail flow that have been written by the Director.
- Oversees and coordinates the preparation of materials and gifts for special events.
- Processes all course deposits, applications, inquiries, and accurately enters the required database information.
- Maintains and updates database when notified of informational changes.
- Maintains potential student files accurately and forwards to the appropriate departments the originals of all Financial Aid, student records, and medial information received from students.
- Performs routine administrative assistant responsibilities as needed.
- Assists at adult education campus events such as information sessions or orientations as required.
- Attend meetings and trainings as required.
- All other duties as assigned by the University.
- Assist other Concord Campus departments as needed.
- Associate degree preferred or a combination of direct experience and education.
- Strong customer service ability.
- Excellent computer skills, thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Publisher, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with and current working knowledge of sophisticated databases highly desirable; working knowledge of Jenzabar helpful.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office products including excel and word.
- Ability to effectively organize multiple projects and handle detail with accuracy.
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills.
- Ability to collaborate and work cooperatively with a wide variety of constituencies with a focus on service.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments with diplomacy, efficiency and effectiveness, meeting deadlines in a timely manner.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a diverse, fast paced office environment.
- Must project a positive, professional image.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and within FERPA and HIPPA guidelines.
- Valid U.S. driver's license.
- Must successfully pass the online safe Driving Course and driving record check at time of hire (within 15-days) and annually thereafter.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity and respect; demonstrated ability to build working relationships with people having a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences different from ones' own.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose and goals and the role of an Administrative Assistant for Graduate Admissions Concord and Sturbridge Campuses in achieving those goals.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Bay Path University is a smoke- and tobacco-free community.
All offers of employment are contingent on satisfactory background checking.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
Bay Path University is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and learning in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women and all underrepresented backgrounds. An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.