Category:: Administrative / Staff
Department:: 01-51-5110-VP Academic Affairs
Locations:: LONGMEADOW, MA
Posted:: Jul 17, 2019
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Full-Time Salaried (Exempt)
About Bay Path University:
When Bay Path opened its doors to students in downtown Springfield, MA in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student. To start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and four satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord, Springfield), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
- Position Code: ASCOOR
- Job Type: Full Time
- Hours: 8:30 a.m. -- 5:00 p.m.
- Schedule: Monday through Friday, occasional evenings and weekends
- Position Location: Longmeadow, MA
The Assessment Coordinator is a vital team member in Academic Affairs, overseeing data collection and analysis efforts in support of institutional effectiveness and student learning outcomes assessment. The Assessment Coordinator will be a key player in supporting annual assessment efforts, managing the collection of the University's educational data (i.e. student surveys, faculty surveys, program review data, and post-graduate employment and education), presenting this data to internal and external constituencies, and collaborating with a variety of stakeholders to advance assessment efforts. The Assessment Coordinator will serve as a project manager in Academic Affairs, and will oversee dissemination of KPI data and support program assessment, including data collection and analysis for the WELL program, the general education core curriculum, and the ePortfolio. Additionally, the Assessment Coordinator will support educational compliance efforts.
The Assessment Coordinator will work with various campus partners to extract data and reports from Jenzabar and other sources of data for internal and external reporting. The Coordinator will maintain electronic and paper project files and information in an orderly manner, and must be skilled in data collection, data analysis, and presentation of information to diverse audiences.
As the Assessment Coordinator, responsibilities will include the following:
- Assists with the collection, analysis, maintenance and dissemination of institutional data including but not limited to:
- A variety of surveys, including HERI, Alumni Outcomes Survey, Graduating Students Survey, FSSE, CIRP and NSSE;
- Data needs associated with University-wide compliance efforts, including accreditation; and
- Data to support student learning outcomes, program learning outcomes and institutional learning outcomes assessment.
- Function as a clearinghouse for institutional surveys, including collecting, interpreting, analyzing and presenting the results and making recommendations based on results;
- Manage the TracDat software platform, including manual data entry of assessment-related information and extraction of reports, while also seeking to increasing the sophistication of the system for data collection, reporting and integration with other systems;
- Oversee data collection, analysis, and interpretation for the Office of the Provost including key performance indicators (KPIs) for the Board of Trustees and the Office of the Provost.
- Maintains student success stories and student internship data in the TracDat database, reporting on outcomes regularly;
- Monitor and follow up as needed to ensure completion and updating of assessment plans and curriculum maps from all instructional and non-instructional units;
- Manage the University's Qualtrics licenses, including designing and administering surveys;
- Work with a cross-functional team to annually collect, track and report on graduate outcomes information regarding education and/or employment plans for all populations;
- Assist with the planning and execution of the annual Faculty Institute and Assessment Day, including the coordination, production and distribution of assessment portfolios (aPorts);
- Assist in the identification and collection of data to support the institution-wide requirements for institutional assessment, academic program assessment and University Vision planning purposes;
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates strategic assessment programs, projects, and activities campus wide;
- Supports continuous academic program assessment and improvement of student learning through consultation, mentoring and hands-on training;
- Supports the ongoing development and implementation of the University's Comprehensive Review Process for all academic and administrative units that support the goals of the University's strategic plan;
- Participates in the collection and analysis of various assessment data to support departmental accreditation and program reviews, including dissemination of results and assisting others with understanding and appropriately using them;
- Interprets assessment findings and prepares an annual assessment report to summarize such findings, with particular emphasis on the quality of the assessment efforts and findings that influence institutional decision-making and policy development;
- Works collaboratively with:
- The Office of Institutional Research to ensure that relevant data sources from the data warehouse are accessible to create reports around data relevant to Academic Affairs;
- The Assistant Dean of Educational Effectiveness and Outcomes and the Vice Provost of Academic Affairs to design the University's assessment systems and processes;
- The Program Chairs and Deans to manage general education assessment processes;
- The Director of Advising to gather, review and analyze data around early alerts and retention;
- The ePortfolio Coordinator to gather, review and analyze data collected from students' ePortfolios and how they measure the University's Institutional Learning Outcomes; and
- Faculty, staff and administrators to collect and report evidence of continuous improvement in support of the criteria for accreditation.
- Supports Academic Affairs Office with data collection for the Annual Faculty Report and enters data into the database;
- Cross-trained for Academic Affairs Department projects and events;
- Attends trainings as required; and
- Performs other job-related functions as assigned by the University.
Supervisor Responsibilities: None
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred;
- Prior experience managing data and report writing;
- Experience in project management for complex initiatives;
- Prior experience working in higher education environment, preferably in Academic Affairs or Institutional Research Offices;
- Prior experience with data collection, data analysis, report writing and data maintenance;
- Prior experience working with multiple departments to provide project report information;
- Detailed-oriented with commitment to data collection and management;
- Highly skilled in various technologies such as: Microsoft Office Suite, InfoMaker, TracData, Qualtrics, Power BI and Jenzabar;
- A detailed-oriented, analytical self-starter;
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours, especially in preparation for Commencement;
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures;
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information; and
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion; demonstrated ability to build working relationships with people having a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences different from ones' own.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose, and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Bay Path University is a smoke- and tobacco-free community.
All offers of employment are contingent on satisfactory background checking.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter, resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work-related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
Bay Path University is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and learning in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women and all underrepresented backgrounds. An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position please email us at [email protected] or call 413-565-1168.