Help Desk Technical Assistant
The ITS Help Desk, located in the Thomas G. Carpenter Library, is seeking energetic and dynamic individuals for an entry‐level position providing first level technical support to UNF’s students, faculty, and staff via telephone, email, or in person. This position offers flexible hours, on the job training and opportunities for advancement.
Job duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Consistently demonstrate exceptional customer service
- Provide clients with first level contact and problem resolution for hardware, software, network, and application issues on Windows and Macintosh platforms
- Obtain and convey concise information via the ticketing system for both external and internal service personnel following documentation standards
- Resolve client-reported issues, expertise permitting, using available resources following ITS procedures and guidelines
- Escalate tickets as appropriate in a timely manner following Help Desk procedures
- Act as liaison between clients and internal support staff to ensure accurate interpretation of the reported issue and maintain communication with clients during the resolution process
- Complete required Help Desk training in order to enhance and improve support to the University community
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Help Desk supported products and services
- Develop troubleshooting skills by utilizing available Help Desk tools and ITS Knowledge Base articles
- Act as a mentor to other Help Desk technicians
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
This posting is for UNF Students Only. If you are not a UNF Student, please apply to the position number 942013.
- Possess exceptional customer service skills
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to adapt to changing dynamics in workflow
- Ability to support clients both remotely and on site
- Excels in a team environment
- Aptitude to learn on the job from co-workers and supervisors
- Experience and ability to work with Windows 10
- Experience and ability to work with macOS Sierra, High Sierra, and Mojave
- Experience and ability to work with Microsoft Outlook 2016 and 365
- Virus remediation
- Configuring Office 365 accounts on mobile operating systems
- A+ certification
The University of North Florida (UNF) is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. The University of North Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not commit or permit discrimination or harassment on the basis of genetic information, race, color, religion, age, sex, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or veteran status in any educational, employment, social, recreational program or activity that it offers. In addition, UNF will not commit or permit retaliation against an individual who complains of discrimination or harassment or an individual who cooperates in an investigation of an alleged violation of University Regulation.Carnegie
UNF is a Carnegie Community Engaged Institution. This designation celebrates the University’s collaboration with community partners from the local to the global level. It reflects UNF’s mission to contribute to the public good and prepare educated, engaged citizens.Faculty Initiatives Posting Detail Information Anticipated Start DateJob Posting Date04/05/2019Application Review DateApplication DeadlineOpen Until FilledYesPoint of Contact InformationITS Help Desk 904-620-4357Hiring OfficialNathan EdwardsLocation if not JacksonvilleSpecial Instructions
Applicants must complete an online application at www.unfjobs.org in order to be considered for this position. Applicants who do not apply online will not be considered for this position. Once you submit your completed application you will receive a confirmation number. Keep the confirmation number for your records. If you have any questions about this position, please contact ITS Help Desk at (904) 620-4357.Quicklinkhttp://www.unfjobs.org/postings/10094Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a current UNF student?
- * Are you available to work in the evening (6 pm to 10 pm)?
- * Are you available to work weekends?
- * Are you available to work during the Summer?
- * Please describe any previous experience you have working in a customer service enviornment
(Open Ended Question)
- * Rate your level of proficiency with Windows 10.
- * Rate your level of proficiency with Mac OS X/macOS.
- * You are assigned to work on five important tasks and you are short on time. All you can do is either have two tasks completed or have all five tasks started but not finished. What strategy will you choose and why?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Write a few sentences explaining why you are interested in working at the UNF ITS Help Desk.
(Open Ended Question)