Director, Pre Health Advising Center
This position facilitates daily operations within the Pre-Health Advising Center. This includes: advising and coordinating the advising for PMED/PDEN/PVET students; assisting students with their applications to professional schools; assisting students in planning their educational programs by providing accurate and timely information about policies and procedures at UT and the professional schools; monitoring students’ progress toward academic and career goals (and providing support for alternative pathways when applicable); recruiting outstanding students into the program.
Knowledge/Qualifications, Skills, & Abilities
- Master’s degree required (Master’s degree in a field with correlation to Pre-Health professional concentrations preferred)
- Demonstrated computer skills required, including desktop publishing and the ability to create, analyze, and use reports derived from databases
- Minimum of two years managing a department, or five years of progressive experience in advising or related field.
- Experience with Banner and/or other student records systems preferred
- College advising and teaching experience preferred
Communication and other skills:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and without error on tasks requiring very careful attention to detail Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Genuine interest in working with traditional and non-traditional students of diverse backgrounds and abilities
- Availability for occasional weekend and evening work
- High ethical standards and fairness
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information quickly