Full Time Temporary Chemistry Faculty
SUNY Sullivan is now accepting applications for a full-time temporary faculty member to teach Chemistry commencing the Fall semester of the 2019-2020 academic year. Professionals with the minimum of a Master’s degree (Ph.D. preferred) will be considered. Fall 2019 courses included General Chemistry, Chemistry for Health Sciences, and Organic Chemistry.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a willingness and ability to work cooperatively on matters regarding course offerings, programs and other activities, including recruitment that would promote the college’s science programs. Prior experience teaching at the Community College level is desirable.
- A Master’s degree in chemistry is required (Ph.D. preferred).
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate excellence in teaching and
- Possess the ability to effectively interact with a diverse student population.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach 16 contact hours of introductory undergraduate science courses, as well as potential additional courses related to the applicant’s area of professional expertise.
- Hold appropriate office hours.
- Take part, as needed, in typical activities of a full-time faculty member, including the following: advising/mentoring students, developing curriculum, recruiting students, and attending division and faculty meetings.
The hiring range for this position is commensurate with faculty ranking starting with entry level rank of Instructor, the range is $40,533 to $44,967. Assistant Professor ranging from $45,492 to $48,894. And Associate Professor ranging from $50,255 to $55,667. The review of applications is scheduled to begin immediately, in anticipation of a Fall 2019 semester appointment. Please forward your cover letter and CV, teaching philosophy and the names, addresses and phone numbers of three (3) professional references. Please indicate in your cover letter where you learned of this this employment opportunity.
Preference will be given to those candidates who exhibit a strong record of undergraduate teaching; excellent communication skills; and who demonstrate a willingness to support college commitments to a diverse student population by participating in student mentoring, online and/or evening teaching assignments and collaborative partnerships with faculty and support services.
Office of Human Resources
Email: [email protected]
For more information, please visit our website at:
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity College
Share this job with your network:
Diversity Profile: University
AAUP COMPENSATION SURVEY DATAView more
Apply for Full Time Temporary Chemistry Faculty
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly