ID Service Technician
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Job Title ID Service Technician
Job ID 3651
Location Lincoln Park Campus
Full/Part Time Full-Time
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
Oversees all facets of the daily operations and administrative functions of the ID Card Services office, ensuring compliance with University policies. Supports day-to-day operations, including maintaining customer services standards. Issues and prints identification cards required for facility access across campuses, resets passwords and performs simple troubleshooting as issues associated with identification arise. Assists in daily monitoring of reports and metrics. Makes suggestions to improve processes. Hires, trains and schedules student staff. Serves as backup for the Ventra U-Pass Specialist. Performs responsibilities in a highly professional and courteous manner.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Supervises the daily operations of the ID Services office.
- Generates 1st issue and replacement DePaul identification cards if lost or stolen for all users within the university.
- Sets basic, limited security privileges for Outlook and student email accounts and assigns user IDs according to established rules and procedures (e.g. general access to DePaul facilities and labs and general printing privileges).
- Handles requests for 1st issue and replacement CTA U-Passes during non-scheduled distribution events and works with the Ventra U-Pass Specialist to rectify any issues the students may report.
- Resets passwords for Campus Connect.
- Provides excellent customer service both to the ID card customers and university stakeholders.
- Proactively communicates with customers via walk-in, telephone, or e-mail.
- Troubleshoots customer problems and reconciles accounts via walk-in, telephone, e-mail, or university Help Desk ticketing system.
- Produces daily reports and metrics.
- Hires, trains, supervises and disciplines a staff of student support technicians.
- Provides training of new staff and coaching on procedures and troubleshooting issues.
- Creates and maintains documentation on all facets of job responsibilities performed by student employees and self.
- Participates in monthly meetings with other ID card full-time personnel to set schedules, track issues and discuss ongoing process improvements.
- Coordinates and leads the weekly Premiere and Transitions summer sessions to issue Campus Connect usernames and passwords for incoming freshman and transfer students during the summer months, as well as bi-weekly new employee orientations.
- Coordinates issuance of limited-use identification cards for summer conferences held on university property.
- Works with university stakeholders to organize ID card distribution for special cohort programs or non-photo access cards.
- Maintains accountability for supplies and equipment, manages inventory and assures timely ordering of essential supplies and materials.
- Schedules maintenance for card printing equipment with an outside vendor, as needed.
- Generates forms for internal office use.
- Establishes and maintains operating policies, procedures and standards to ensure the provision of quality customer service within the offices.
- Performs other duties assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of experience in a general office environment.
- 2 or more years of end-user support.
- Hires, trains, supervises and disciplines numerous student workers.
- Does not oversee any full-time staff.
Other Skills & Abilities Reqd
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to build and maintain customer relationships are a must.
- Maintain a customer focused attitude dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to ask probing questions to diagnose the problem effectively.
- Able to speak in a calm, unemotional, professional manner and articulate clear instructions to the end-user.
- Excellent organization and time management skills; ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, including defining scope, setting objectives, determining timelines, acquiring resources, tracking progress, and preparing reports.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to create professional-looking business documents, including technical documentation for relevant systems and troubleshooting documents for lower-level technical staff.
- Ability to work professionally with a diverse group of students, faculty, staff and visitors on a daily basis.
- Ability to create and maintain positive relationships with coworkers, customers, and vendors.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Basic knowledge of printers and photo ID equipment.
- Must be able to troubleshoot basic technical problems and escalate more complex issues as necessary.
- Working knowledge of the university’s structure and departments is necessary within 6 months of hire.
- Occasionally lifts 25 or more pounds.
You may upload other attachments (Transcripts, Portfolios, Writing samples) in the “My Activities” tab of your profile.
- Ability to work evening, weekend, and special events as needed.
- Must be able to work and travel between campuses as required.
Salary & Benefits Package:
DePaul offers a comprehensive package including competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain the best talent in order to further the University's mission. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Required Background Check: