Salary: $3,168.00 - $4,009.00 Monthly
Job Type: Classified Full Time
Job Number: 20190717
Closing: 7/29/2019 5:00 PM Pacific
Location: Merced, CA
Department: Information Technology Systems
Merced College is a midsized community college located in California's Central Valley. Incorporated in 1889, Merced offers historical sites, affordable housing, access to the Bay Area and Sacramento, and is the Gateway to Yosemite National Park and the Sierra mountains as well as home to the University of California Merced campus. Our tree-shaded growing community of just over 80,000 includes multiple biking and walking trails as well as access to several lakes - large and small - throughout the county. The college is currently in a time of exciting innovation.
As part of the Information Technology Services Department, the role of the PC Technician is to provide technical support for both instructional and non-instructional areas. Including, but not limited to, student and staff desktop support, maintaining classroom multimedia equipment and working with other team members on department projects and district endeavors. If you are a team player, enjoy a fast-paced environment, and passionate about technology and how it can help our students succeed, we encourage you to apply and become part of the ITS team!
Merced College Vision
Merced College will provide transformative and empowering educational experiences to meet student and community needs.
Merced College Mission
Growing our community through education and workforce training:
- lifelong learning
- basic skills
- career technical education
- degree/certificate programs
To perform a variety of technical tasks servicing the entire district in the installation, troubleshooting, and repair of networked devices, peripheral equipment and software applications. To provide technical support and respond to requests from District users regarding enterprise operations and procedures.
Examples of Duties
- Install and configure multi-platform network client devices and peripheral equipment, such as computers, printers, and scanners.
- Assist users with the proper use of network client devices and peripherals per District standards.
- Identify and initiate resolutions to client problems and concerns associated with office automation equipment, hardware and software to the client's satisfaction.
- Assist users with the proper use of software applications, such as word processors, spreadsheet applications, database applications, presentation applications, web applications, and various educational applications per District standards.
- Troubleshoot network computer equipment and software problems, perform hardware maintenance and software modifications on both PC and MAC platforms.
- Assist in the installation of network components including cabling, switches, and network interface cards per District standards.
- Assist with the support of academic computer labs in the installation and maintenance of computers, peripherals, and educational software applications including specialized systems to meet ADA requirements.
- Maintain current technical expertise in the rapidly changing technology of microcomputers and utilizes state of the art techniques when implementing office automation solutions.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all enterprise departments to optimize working relationships and communication.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Basic computer technology
- Basic network concepts and principles
- Basic operational characteristics of computer equipment and peripheral equipment.
- Basic operational characteristics of computer operating systems.
- Basic operational characteristics of computer software applications such as word processors, spreadsheet applications, database applications, presentation applications, web applications, and various educational applications.
- Basic methods and techniques used in the installation and troubleshooting of software applications on computers in a network environment.
- Basic methods and techniques for instructing the use of computer applications and procedures.
- Basic imaging principals utilizing various applications
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Operate a variety of diagnostic test equipment.
- Perform a variety of technical tasks in the installation and troubleshooting of computer software and peripheral equipment.
- Provide support and respond to requests and inquiries from users regarding computer equipment and software applications.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities
- Three years of increasingly responsible experience in the installation and troubleshooting of software and the installation and troubleshooting and repair of multi-platform computer equipment and peripherals.
- High School diploma or the equivalent, supplemented by college level course work or industry related training in computer science/information systems.
How to Apply: Candidates will submit a complete application on the Merced College Career Pages at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/mccd/transferjobs
- Letter of interest addressing your qualifications for the position
- Legible unofficial college transcripts (undergraduate and graduate). Transcripts must include the degree major and date the institution granted the degree. Official copies are not required unless applicant is hired.
- Foreign transcripts must include a U.S. evaluation and translation.
Individuals with disabilities may request any needed accommodation to participate in the application process. Please submit your request with your application to the Human Resources Office.
Interview Information: Those applicants deemed most qualified for the position will be invited to appear for oral interviews before a screening committee. Finalist interviews with district administrators may follow. A limited number of candidates will be invited to interviews. Expenses for travel and accommodations will be the responsibility of the candidates.
Employee Benefits: The District pays (with small contribution from employee) health, prescription, vision and dental insurance premiums for the employee and dependents. Life and income protection insurance premiums are provided for the employee only, as well as paid vacation, sick leave and holidays.
Condition of Employment: The selected candidate must be fingerprinted and tested for tuberculosis at his/her own expense prior to the start of employment. In compliance with the Immigration Reform Act of 1986, all new employees are required to verify their identity and the right to work in the United States. An applicant must be able to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations. All offers of employment are subject to approval by the Board of Trustees.
To apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/mccd/jobs/2510525/pc-technician
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency