Position DetailsPosition Information Vacancy TypeTemporaryIs Internal Transfer OnlyNoWorking TitleServerSalary RangeAnticipated Hiring Range$7.25 per hour / additional compensation based on service deliveryPosition Number47LPSERVER0219Work Schedule10:30am - 4:00pm; Hours may vary to include weekends and evenings based on business needsFull Time Equivalent (FTE)Department471501 - Dining and Catering OperationsDepartment Job City & StateRaleigh, NCEssential Job Duties
JOIN THE PACK!
NC State Dining offers meaningful opportunities for employment across our retail and hospitality units. We offer competitive pay, flexible schedules, and opportunity for learning, growth, and promotion. Dedicated and experienced professional staff are available to provide on-the-job training and assistance so you become a successful member of the team.
We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to Join our Pack as a Server at the Lonnie Poole Golf Course Restaurant.
They can perform general food service work including clean up and restock work station and assist with cleaning of the common kitchen and production areas. Dedicated and experienced dining professionals are available to provide on-the-job training and support to help you meet your full potential.
Essential Job Duties:
• To serve customers by taking orders, serving food, and preparing tables.
• Main job duties include greeting customers when they arrive, making menu suggestions, taking food and drink orders.
• Serve food and drinks in an accurate and timely manner, and making sure tables are clean.
• May also include service on a beverage cart for golf outings.
This is an hourly position with a 10-11 month assignment. There is a mandatory 32-day break at the end of 11 months. Excellent performance during this time may provide an opportunity to renew employment and/or advance.
Campus Enterprises is NC State’s division of retail and hospitality organizations — NC State Dining, NC State Stores, Trademark Licensing, Lonnie Poole Golf Course, NC State Student Centers (Witherspoon and Talley), Rave! Event Services and the Wolfpack One Card Services. Each unit shares a common goal: deliver quality and efficient services with dedicated financial support for student activity and scholarships.
NC State Dining is a department within the Campus Enterprises Division. NC State Dining provides campus-wide food service to students, staff, and faculty and the corporate partners on Centennial Campus. NC State Dining operates 14 dining areas, 7 convenience stores, campus concessions, a nutritional counseling service and catering department.Other Work/Responsibilities
• Be an ambassador for NC State Dining and the university as a whole.
• Work as a cohesive team member and play an integral part on creating positive work environment.
• Ability to maintain Grade A sanitation rating of 95% or better.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Full and part-time assignments available.
• High School Diploma or equivalency.
• Demonstrated possession of the competencies necessary to perform the work will also be considered.
• At least 1 year Customer Service and/ or Hospitality Service.
• At least 1 year Cash handling experience.
• The demonstrated ability to provide exemplary customer service to every guest and communicate effectively with customers, supervisors, and peers and the ability to remain professional and respectful under pressure when dealing with difficult situations.
• This position requires standing for long periods of time, walking, bending, twisting, pulling and pushing. Because of the nature of a food service operation and working in a kitchen or outdoors, you must be able to work in extremely hot and cold conditions.
• Must be able to lift up to 30 lb with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions and recipes.
• Strong organizational skills in relation to working in a high volume food service unit.
• Previous experience as a server preferred.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• ServSafe certificate a plus.Special Instructions
Complete all required fields.
Include 2 positions that are relevant to the posted position.
**Important**If you are required to be registered by the Selective Service, please certify your compliance by your initials. If this question is not applicable to you, please type “N/A” along with your initials.Job Open Date02/18/2019Must Be Open Until
Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.05/31/2019Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?NoProposed Hire DateAA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Professional Organization
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- * If you learned about this vacancy from "other source" or "other website", please provide the source.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe any experience you have working in food service.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a high school diploma or the equivalent?
- * Do you have experience as a member of a restaurant waitstaff?
- Cover Letter