Lab Aide Chemistry
Lab Aide ChemistryTracking Code200063 Job Description
Lab Aide responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist in chemical prep for labs
- Assist in setup and dismantling of labs, along with the collection and orderly storage of chemicals and labware
- Assist in maintaining equipment and small instruments
- Replenish consumables (such deionized water, paper towels, gloves, etc.) for labs on a daily basis
- Assist in inventory of chemicals and equipment
- Perform any additional duties as requested by the lab tech
- Good oral and communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good time management and multi-tasking skills
- Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software, preferred
- Successful completion of one college level chemistry class
- Experience handling chemicals in a laboratory setting or relevant work experience
- Associates Degree or higher in a science related field, preferred
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.Job Location Overland Park, Kansas, United StatesPosition TypePart-Time