Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) Assistant Professor
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job Posting TitlePhysical Therapist Assistant (PTA) Assistant ProfessorLocationLos Rios Community College District (Sacramento City College)Department LocationScience and Allied HealthPosting NumberF00623PThe Institution
Founded in 1916, Sacramento City College (SCC) is a multi-campus, urban college that consists of a 70-acre main campus across from William Land Park. The college has two educational centers, one in Davis on the campus of the University of California, Davis, and one in West Sacramento located adjacent to the public library, community center and civic center. SCC is a vibrant teaching and learning institution with approximately 20,000 day and evening students and is recognized as both a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) and Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI).
SCC has a rich history in the community and has expanded educational opportunities to students across the region. SCC awards Associate in Arts or Science degrees as well as Associate Degrees for Transfer, which guarantee transfer into the California State University system. The college offers Career Education certificates and degrees, transfer credit for students who desire to continue their education at a four-year college or university, and instruction in basic skills such as English, English as a second language, and mathematics.
Faculty and staff at SCC value a collaborative and diverse campus community. As one of four colleges within the Los Rios Community College District, Sacramento City College embraces change, values excellence in academic achievement and supports the success of students as they pursue their dreams.
The faculty member shall be responsible for the following: teaching assigned classes under the supervision of the area dean; helping students fulfill their maximum potential in mastering course content; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining a thorough and up-to-date knowledge in their regular teaching field; continuing professional development; utilizing current technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position; assisting with articulation and curriculum development and review; serving on college committees and participating in faculty governance, including accreditation and student co-curricular activities; assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the area dean; and fulfilling other duties and responsibilities of a full-time faculty member as outlined in the college faculty handbook.
The department maintains a focus on:
● Preparing a diverse student population for practice as licensed Physical Therapist Assistants.
● Providing a supportive learning environment where all individuals are valued and life-long education is encouraged.
● Offering a curriculum with learning opportunities that meet current professional standards of excellence.
● Offering non-traditional scheduling of classes to enhance accessibility.
● Producing graduates who contribute to their communities as competent, safe and caring members of the health care team who will practice under the supervision of a physical therapist.
● Instructional effectiveness and ongoing self-evaluation and incorporation of current instructional methodology.
Position Salary Information:
Initial maximum salary placement is based on academic degree, upper/graduate level units earned, and/or related professional occupational experience per the Los Rios College Federation of Teachers (LRCFT) contract Article 2 (The initial maximum placement is Class V, Step 8).
The instructional assignment may include, but is not limited to, teaching lecture and laboratory courses in all levels of Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) at the college in:
● Neurological, orthopedic, and cardiopulmonary rehabilitation
● Physical therapy modalities and procedures
● Issues in contemporary physical therapy practice
In addition, this assignment may include serving as the Academic Coordinator of Clinical Education (ACCE) with responsibility for coordinating the clinical education portion of the curriculum.
Participation in overall program development and evaluation.
The instructional assignment may include day, evening, online, hybrid, weekend, and/or off campus classes.Work Year164 daysWork ScheduleTotal Hrs per Week/DaySpecial RequirementsMinimum Qualifications
1. Have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, completed by August 22, 2019 in Physical Therapy AND three years of occupational and/or professional experience directly related to the assignment being taught; OR, have an associate’s degree from an accredited institution AND five years of occupational and/or professional experience directly related to the assignment being taught; OR, hold a California Community College Instructor’s Credential in the discipline area; OR, the equivalent.*
2. Must hold a current, valid license to practice as a Physical Therapist or Physical Therapist Assistant in the State of California.
3. Have a minimum of three years of full time (or equivalent) post-license clinical practice.
4. A minimum of two years of clinical practice as a Center Coordinator of Clinical Education (CCCE) or Clinical Instructor (CI); OR two years of experience in teaching, curriculum development and administration in a Physical Therapist or Physical Therapist Assisting program.
6. Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
● Applicants applying under the “equivalent” provision must attach details and explain how their academic preparation and/or professional experience is the equivalent of the degrees listed above.
● If your degree title differs from the minimum qualifications listed above, you are requested to submit this equivalency statement.Application Instructions
Applicants applying to this position are REQUIRED to complete fully and submit:
1. Los Rios Community College District Faculty Application
2. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work
4. Two letters of recommendation (If using Interfolio, please send attachments to [email protected])
5. Letter of Interest
6. Copy of a current and valid license as a Physical Therapist or Physical Therapist Assistant in the State of California.
● Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified. Applicants indicating “see resume” on the online application will be disqualified.
● Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts.
● Los Rios employees are also required to submit unofficial copies of transcripts.
● Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents.
● A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
● Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators.
Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.Physical DemandsSalary$41,823 to $77,043 annually. Additional earnings may be available for summer, overloads, and stipends. LRCCD Salary SchedulesAdditional Salary InformationEntering annual salary within a given range varies, depending upon units/degrees completed at accredited colleges/universities and experience. Posting Detail Information Posting Date06/26/2019Closing Date07/29/2019Open ContinuouslyNoBeginning and/or Ending Dates
Full-Time, Tenure-Track Position
Beginning on or about August 22, 2019
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Office located at 1919 Spanos Court, Sacramento, CA 95825-3981. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 or come in during our business hours. After hours inquiries should be emailed to [email protected] Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m. of the posting closing date.Conditions
All Positions: Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.
Administrative/Executive/Faculty Positions: Contingent on funding and eligibility, successful candidates selected for an interview may be eligible to apply for partial reimbursement of travel expenses, up to a maximum of $450. Candidate Travel Reimbursement click hereQuicklinkhttp://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/11777Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Criminal History Verification and Release: I acknowledge and agree that I understand that by answering the question below, I certify that the information provided by me is true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and belief. I authorize investigation of all statements contained herein, and on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted), and I release from liability all persons and organizations furnishing such information. I understand that any misstatements, omissions or misrepresentation of facts on this form, my application, and, if applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be cause for disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been convicted of an offense other than a minor traffic violation you are required to complete the form "Arrests Which Led to Convictions for Crime", P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been dismissed pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). If needed, copy and paste the provided link, for the form <a href="http://wserver.losrios.edu/hr/forms/P-881,10-2013.pdf" target="_blank">http://wserver.losrios.edu/hr/forms/P-881,10-2013.pdf</a> and attach the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position?
- * Please indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. Select the appropriate answer.
- I possess the minimum qualifications for this discipline as listed on the job announcement. (Attach unofficial transcripts from an accredited college/university and/or evidence of job experience.)
- I possess a valid California Community College Credential for this discipline. (Attach a copy of appropriate credential with application.)
- I possess qualifications equivalent to those listed and have attached evidence. (To review Equivalency Process.)
- I have previously been granted equivalency to teach this discipline by the Los Rios Community College District. (Attach the Equivalency Determination Form P-38 and transcripts.)
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to – where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime Document
- Equivalency Determination Letter (P-38 or Equivalency Request Statement)
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5
- California Community College Instructor’s Credential