Associate Vice President of Instruction for Economic and Workforce Development
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job Posting TitleAssociate Vice President of Instruction for Economic and Workforce DevelopmentLocationLos Rios Community College District (Cosumnes River College)Department LocationInstruction OfficePosting NumberAE00212PThe Institution
Cosumnes River College (CRC) values diversity, focuses on creativity and personal enrichment, and empowers students to reach their full potential as informed and productive members of the community. CRC is a leader in innovative ideas and sustainable values. One of the four colleges of the Los Rios Community College District, Cosumnes River College seeks candidates who are knowledgeable about the impact of implicit bias in teaching and learning, and who implement culturally responsive teaching techniques and effective practices for engaging students.
Serving south Sacramento County and Elk Grove since 1970, CRC’s main campus and its Elk Grove center provide a dynamic learning environment for more than 14,000 ethnically and racially diverse students. One of the top 10 most diverse 2-year public colleges in the nation (noted in the Almanac of Higher Education, Fall 2015), CRC is a student-centered, open-access community college dedicated to preparing students for an ever-changing future.
CRC awards Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degrees, Associate degrees for Transfer, Career Education certificates, and transfer credit for students who intend to continue their education at a four- year college or university. Our 200+ programs include automotive technology, radio, television and film, allied heath, veterinary technology, and architecture and design technology, among others.
With a focus on improving completion outcomes for all students, programs like Umoja, the Puente project, and DIOP Scholars and Native American Higher Ed Resources, look to increase the number of Latinx, African-American, and Native American students who complete a degree, certificate and/or transfer to four-year colleges and universities. Student support services and programs including CARE, EOPS, Enriched Scholars, and First Year Experience enhance the ability of all students to complete college. CRC is recognized as a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) and as an Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI).
CRC strives to be an exemplary and innovative community college that empowers students and employees to strengthen the cultural, social, economic, and environmental well-being of their communities.
Under the general direction of the Vice President of Instruction, the Associate Vice President of Instruction for Economic and Workforce Development will coordinate the college’s efforts to offer vital Career Education (CE) programs for our community.
The Associate Vice President of Instruction for Economic and Workforce Development will be responsible for administrative oversight of selected instructional divisions, in particular those under workforce education.
The Associate Vice President of Instruction for Economic and Workforce Development will work with the Associate Vice President of Instruction and Student Learning and area Deans to develop and implement programs in the following: navigating Career Education (CE) curriculum through district and state approval processes; creating strategies to address the Board of Governors’ initiatives related to workforce development; coordinating the development of the college’s Career Education programs; monitoring programs for effectiveness and ensuring adherence to federal and state regulations in the use of funds.
The Associate Vice President of Instruction for Economic and Workforce Development will have the opportunity to work with a wide diversity of faculty, staff, and students on a variety of instructional issues.
The department maintains a focus on:
● Providing administrative support to advancing college online education initiatives, such as increasing representation of online course/programs.
● Expanding the college presence in the California Virtual Campus/Online Education Initiative (CVC/OEI).
● Providing administrative support to the instructional services operation in the producing of the class schedule and college catalog, in Career Technical Education (CTE) curriculum compliance and administration
● Managing faculty contracts and accountability.
● Coordinating and use of college instructional facilities.
● Managing college program collaboration, articulation and dual enrollment efforts for programs in partnering K-12 school districts.
● Representing the college in state and regional occupational administrative groups.
● Directing the development and coordination of potential partnerships with appropriate industries, high schools, and universities as they relate to career programs.
● Managing the college’s categorical CE portfolio, including but not limited to the Carl D. Perkins and Strong Workforce allocations.
Typical duties may include, but are not limited to:
● Providing leadership for the advancement of the college’s economic and workforce development efforts.
● Initiating and overseeing the development of career programs by working with college faculty, business and industry advisory groups, and other appropriate organizations.
● Serving as a college liaison to occupational administrative groups and developing partnerships with external agencies, including business and industry, high schools, and universities.
● Developing schedules, catalogs, and related publications, providing technical support with curriculum, coordination and maintenance of faculty contracts, coordination of college instructional facility usage, and program approval for occupational programs.
● Assisting the college Accreditation Liaison Officer with accreditation.
● Supporting the college in maintaining the accreditation standards.
● Working with and providing administrative oversight of selected instructional areas and division deans.
● Providing administrative oversight of CVC/OEI course and program expansion.
● Working with and providing administrative oversight to statewide and national grants and special projects.
● Working with faculty, staff, and students to facilitate consensus and action on issues pertaining to instructional programs.
● Monitoring programs, filing reports, and ensuring adherence to regulations of federal and state agencies for the receipt and expenditure of funds.
● Providing administrative support to the instructional services operations.
● Soliciting and developing grant opportunities.
● Providing leadership in developing apprenticeship programs, internships, work experience, job placement opportunities, and weekend programs.
● Supervising assigned employees and operations.
● Coordinating and overseeing reporting requirements for all related budgets.
● Working to ensure promotion/marketing of occupational programs.
● Assisting with sexual harassment and discrimination complaints when needed.
The administrative assignment may include day, evening, weekend, and/or off-campus work and/or hours.Work Year12 monthWork ScheduleTotal Hrs per Week/DayN/ASpecial RequirementsMinimum Qualifications
1. Have a master’s degree* from an accredited institution completed by October 1, 2019.
2. Have one year of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrator’s administrative assignment.
3. Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
*Applicant must meet the minimum qualifications of a faculty discipline at the college. To review the minimum qualifications for faculty disciplines, refer to Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators’ in California Community Colleges which can be found on our website at https://jobs.losrios.edu/; select “Los Rios Jobs”, then “Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators”.Application Instructions
Applicants applying to this Los Rios Community College District Administrative position are REQUIRED to complete fully and submit:
1. The Los Rios Community College District Administrative Application
2. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work
3. Resume or Curriculum Vitae
4. Two letters of recommendation (If using Interfolio, please send attachments to [email protected])
5. Letter of Interest
● Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified. Applicants indicating “see resume” on the online application will be disqualified.
● Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts.
● Los Rios employees are also required to submit unofficial copies of transcripts.
● Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents.
● A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
● Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.Physical DemandsSalary$140,062 annually. LRCCD Salary SchedulesAdditional Salary InformationAdditional stipend for an earned doctorate from an accredited university. Posting Detail Information Posting Date06/27/2019Closing Date07/29/2019Open ContinuouslyNoBeginning and/or Ending Dates
Full-time, Twelve-month, Educational Administrative Position.
Beginning on or about October 1, 2019.
*Categorically Funded Position: This position is contingent on continued funding and satisfactory work performances; may be extended, on an annual basis, to future fiscal years.How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Office located at 1919 Spanos Court, Sacramento, CA 95825-3981. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 or come in during our business hours. After hours inquiries should be emailed to [email protected] Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m. of the posting closing date.Conditions
All Positions: Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.
Administrative/Executive/Faculty Positions: Contingent on funding and eligibility, successful candidates selected for an interview may be eligible to apply for partial reimbursement of travel expenses, up to a maximum of $450. Candidate Travel Reimbursement click here
Administrative/Executive Positions: Administrative positions may be subject to the District’s Conflict of Interest Code, and a statement of economic interest is required within thirty (30) days following appointment to the position. Management/Executive positions are exempt from overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.Quicklinkhttp://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/11643Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Criminal History Verification and Release: I acknowledge and agree that I understand that by answering the question below, I certify that the information provided by me is true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and belief. I authorize investigation of all statements contained herein, and on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted), and I release from liability all persons and organizations furnishing such information. I understand that any misstatements, omissions or misrepresentation of facts on this form, my application, and, if applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be cause for disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been convicted of an offense other than a minor traffic violation you are required to complete the form "Arrests Which Led to Convictions for Crime", P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been dismissed pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). If needed, copy and paste the provided link, for the form <a href="http://wserver.losrios.edu/hr/forms/P-881,10-2013.pdf" target="_blank">http://wserver.losrios.edu/hr/forms/P-881,10-2013.pdf</a> and attach the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position?
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to – where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- * Please cut and paste the provided link to read and review the CRC Statement concerning the value of cultural competence.https://pa-hrsuite-production.s3.amazonaws.com/2949/docs/133235.pdf I have reviewed the CRC Statement Concerning the Value of Cultural Competence:
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime Document
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5