Posting InformationPosting Information Posting Number2019515Posting/Functional TitleSocial Science Research AsstsUniversity Pay Plan TitleResearch AssociateLocationSan MarcosDepartmentVP for University AdvancementRecruitment TypeOpen to AllJob TypeFull-TimeMonthly Salary$3,000.00 - $3,250.00Job Category ExemptRequired Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
• High level of computer literacy with experience in online research.
• Experience with data entry, data analysis, databases, or working with data sets.
• Demonstrated proficiency and experience using Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and experience with other components of Microsoft Office suite to organize, format, and present data.
• Strong analytical, writing, and presentation skills with the ability to synthesize and organize material from multiple sources and articulate findings clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
• Highly organized and able to track and manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize work projects, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
• Experience in training, teaching, advising, or similar service-oriented role; the ability to listen, interpret, and process information and respond with suggestions based on the needs of the end-user.Preferred Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Proficiency in online tools for foundation, corporate, and individual research.
• Proficiency in LexisNexis, ResearchPoint, Tableau, Banner, Foundation Directory Online, NOZA, Raiser’s Edge Fundraising Software, SPSS, SQL or similar databases.
• Demonstrated advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word with experience using pivot tables, charts and graphs, word merges, and design templates.
• Ability to work from a solution driven prospective; able to recognize problems and develop detailed solutions with a plan for implementation.
• Adept at working both independently as well as collaboratively.
• Previous experience training on process improvements and technology.
• Previous work experience in a fundraising support role.Job Description
Responsible for performing prospect development tasks including prospect identification, research, analytics, and moves management. Conducts prospect research on individual, corporate, and foundation major gift prospects and helps maintain donor records. Assists the frontline fundraisers in maintaining their portfolios and managing their pipeline. Researches best practices in other development related areas and assists in recognizing and identifying the need for process improvements.Job Duties
• Conduct prospect research on individual, corporate, and foundation major gift prospects.
• Provide research and analysis of biographical, philanthropic, professional, and financial data.
• Identify, evaluate, and recommend status of current and potential major gift prospects by assessing their ability to financially support the University.
• Prepare written bios, summaries, event bios, and prospect lists to support the cultivation of major gift prospects.
• Track prospects and donors through monitoring daily news, online alerts, and utilizing internal information. Identify acquaintances through relationship mapping to facilitate institutional involvement.
• Assist with maintaining the donor database and keeping records updated through data entry, data audits, and other database related tasks as needed.
• Meet with development staff to support activities, initiatives, and portfolios; assist in developing recommendations and strategies to help the Development team meet goals.
• Assist in training the Development team on technology and business processes.
• Coordinate with other departments and campus offices, as needed, on the maintenance of critical information required for prospect identification and qualification.
• Assist in presentations of research and analysis projects done by the department.
• Assist in the identification and selection of new research resources; assist in the evaluation and selection of vendor services.
• Assist in analyzing best practices for donor giving and identifies opportunities to improve business practices.
• Maintain and uphold the professional and ethical standards set by the Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement (APRA).Additional Information to ApplicantsJob Open Date07/16/2019Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight)07/30/2019Open Until FilledNoNormal Work DaysMonday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, FridayNormal Work Hours Start8:00AMNormal Work Hours End5:00PMPosting NoticesYOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION. , YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A LIST OF REFERENCES.Legal and Required Notices
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great professional development opportunities: choose from a variety of workshops, training, online learning and even access educational leave opportunities and reimbursement for academic courses
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Letter of Recommendation #1
- DD 214/DD1300
- Letter of Recommendation #2
- Letter of Recommendation #3
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).