Custodian - Facilities Management
Custodian - Facilities Management
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
The Custodian performs general and specific cleaning and maintenance tasks to provide a clean, safe and pleasant physical environment. S/he perform others tasks as assigned in emergency or unusual situations, including snow and ice removal, clean up associated with water or fire damage, and special event support. The Custodian is expected to clean up to 28,000 - 35,000 square feet of cleanable space per eight hour work day. Reporting to the Custodial Supervisor, the incumbent has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Cleans bathrooms to support University operations as assigned and/or as scheduled, including but not limited to, thorough cleaning of toilets, urinals, bathtubs, shower stalls, shower curtains top to bottom, shower walls top to bottom, grout, bathroom floors, walls and partitions top to bottom, sink, mirrors top to bottom, dust and clean supply, return vents, and replace burned out light bulbs.
- Cleans hallways, entrance ways, stairways and elevators.
- Vacuums and spot cleans carpets and upholstery, frees carpets of rips and strings, tapes down clean edges as needed, cleans all surfaces, and removes water marks and smudges from all surfaces.
- Cleans administrative spaces, laboratories and classrooms, spot cleaning and shampooing carpets and upholstery using the acceptable method of cleaning.
- Dusts and mop floors, dusts and cleans supply and return vents, replaces burned out light bulbs, and cleans trash containers.
- Ensures economic use of supplies and materials to conserve University and department resources, draws and /or requisitions supplies, and uses such items economically to avoid undue costs.
- Suggests improvements in service to improve unit operations and provides supervisors and department management with advice and suggestions regarding work methods, procedures, parts, tools, and related matters for the purpose of improving the effectiveness and cost of service.
- Handles key security and related aspects of building security, ensures security of keys and pagers assigned, and maintains security while in possession of keys and pagers.
- Returns keys, pagers or other assigned items at end of shift and immediately notifies supervisor of any unaccounted for items.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid and current driver's license from Maryland, Virginia, or District of Columbia
- Basic knowledge of English including the ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to relate custodial and maintenance problems clearly to supervisor and/or the Work Management Center
- Successful completion of a training program in building cleaning
- One year of custodial work experience is preferred
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected].
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Main-Campus/Custodian---Facilities-Management_JR07106
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency