The successful candidate serves as the Registrar of the Institute:
● Supervises and manages the Office of the Registrar.
● Manages enrollment and registration of new and continuing students.
● Manages, in partnership with academic departments and faculty, initial advising of incoming students.
● Schedules courses, final exams, and classrooms, and leads effort to pursue efficiency and standardization of class and exam schedules.
● Processes and monitors grades, grade changes, and other changes related to student status.
● Assures a smooth functioning enrollment and registration process, resolves issues related to enrollment and registration, works with the students and faculty to improve the enrollment and registration process.
● Maintains the NMT catalog.
● Supports enrollment management and enrollment projection efforts.
● Oversees the Office of Institutional Research, which is a part of the Office of the Registrar.
● Provides planning, oversight and management of teaching space.
● Leads the planning and preparation of annual commencement ceremony.
● Strong management and supervisory skills and a commitment to building teamwork required.
● Experience working in a Registrar’s Office and strong customer service skills required.
● Bachelor’s degree required in any field. Master’s degree preferred.
● Computer and data management skills (e.g., Microsoft Word, Access Excel and knowledge of Banner/BanWeb) required.
● Knowledge of online enrollment and registration processes required.
● Ability to prioritize tasks and effectively manage time required.
● Experience working with student enrollment management preferred.
NMT is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual. NMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Excellent benefits (health, vision, dental), tuition fee waiver, generous vacation and sick leave, and 15 paid holidays and one personal day each year.
New Mexico Tech is located in, Socorro, the scenic Rio Grande River Valley of central New Mexico, 75 miles south of Albuquerque with its many attractions, and 139 miles south of Santa Fe. Nearby mountains and desert canyons provides opportunities for excellent hiking, climbing, and mountain biking. The Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge, located just south of Socorro along a major north-south flyway, offers some of the best birding in the USA.