Locations:: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posted:: Jul 15, 2019
Closes:: Open Until Filled
About Dutchess Community College:
Located in the heart of New York's beautiful and historic mid-Hudson Valley, just 90 minutes north of New York City, DCC is part of the State University of New York, the largest comprehensive public higher education system in the country. A winner of the 2015 HEED Award for inclusiveness, DCC is dedicated to respecting individuality, embracing diversity and partnering with the community to achieve shared goals. The College welcomes applications from faculty and staff who share and are anxious to support the institution's values of Excellence, Access, Diversity, Collaboration and Accountability, and who are passionate about engaging with both students and the community.
The Registrar's Office at Dutchess Community College supports the academic mission of the College by facilitating the transition of students from initial enrollment to degree completion while ensuring adherence to academic policy, preserving academic integrity, safeguarding academic records, providing accessible and reliable administrative services while striving to meet the diverse needs of the college community.
The Assistant Registrar is responsible to and reports directly to the Registrar. The primary responsibilities are as follows:
- Assist the Associate Registrar with the transfer credit process which includes building and maintaining transfer articulation in Banner and TES and processing all Reverse Transfer requests;
- Maintain student academic records; on-line degree audit reporting system (Degree Works) adhering to security, accuracy, and preservation of academic records in accordance with DCC College policy, accreditation standards, and privacy laws (FERPA);
- Act as the FERPA Compliance Officer if the Registrar is not available;
- Responsible for ARGOS reporting;
- Adherence and Oversight of the Prerequisite and Academic Standing Policies and altering students schedules accordingly;
- Manages the Census and Grade Reporting process;
- Works with the Coordinator of the Concurrent Students Program to provide assistance as well as process end of term processing for Concurrently enrolled students in High School Program;
- Along with the Registrar and Associate Registrar assist in the supervision of Registrar personnel, which includes work allocation, training, promotion and enforcement of internal procedures and controls, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance;
- Resolves problems regarding the management of student records;
- Oversees all facets of the daily operations of the Registrar's Office, ensuring compliance with the college, state, and federal laws, policies, and regulations;
- Develops or assists with the development and implementation of policies and procedures consistent with those of the college to ensure efficient and safe operation of the Registrar's Office;
- Oversee the National Student Clearinghouse Enrollment reporting process;
- Manage the Non-Credit registration process;
- Monitor and provide updates to the DCC webpage and portal;
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned by the Registrar or Dean of Academic Affairs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Data Management, Education, Public Administration, or other related field.
- Three or more years in depth experience in a Registrar's Office
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a demonstrated ability to collaborate with multiple constituencies including faculty, students and staff and must work well independently;
- Proficient in or with integrated data systems and various software packages such as BANNER or equivalent;
- Ability to interpret and apply federal and state regulations pertaining to student records and confidentiality, including the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA);
- Outstanding human relations, leadership skills, and the ability to function in a team environment required;
- Experience using TES (College Source), Degree Works, Argos or equivalent reporting tool;
- Xtender or equivalent document imaging tool, ability and desire to acquire new technical expertise as needed;
- Community College experience preferred.